Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with DY5 charger (Problème avec le chargeur Yuneec DY5)

Reaction score
Bonjour, Suite à des problèmes avec mon ancien chargeur, je viens de recevoir le DY5... Surprise : Lorsque je mets sous tension, les voyants s'allument, et indiquent logiquement "zéro" partout avec le menu "IDLE". Le problème est que lorsque j'insère une batterie yuneec, rien ne se passe ! J'ai beau appuyer sur le bouton de menu (essai brièvement, et plusieurs secondes), rien ne se passe. Ce problème est-il déjà arrivé à quelqu'un ? J'ai tenté avec diverses batteries (chargées, ou non), et rien ne se produit, l'affichage reste comme si je n'avais pas inséré de batterie... Aurais-je oublié quelque chose ? Merci d'avance pour vos réponses.

Hello, Due to problems with my old charger, I just received the DY5... Surprise: When I turn on, the lights turn on, and logically indicate "zero" everywhere with the "IDLE" menu. The problem is that when I insert a yuneec battery, nothing happens! No matter how much I press the menu button (shortly try, and several seconds), nothing happens. Has this problem ever happened to someone? I tried with various batteries (charged, or not), and nothing happens, the display remains as if I had not inserted a battery... Would I have forgotten something? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are posting in the Typhoon H forum and asking about a DY5 charger.

So the first thing to ask is what system are you using. Do you have the Typhoon H (H480) with the CGO3+ camera, the Typhoon H Plus with the C23 camera, or the Typhoon H520 with the E90 orvE50 camera?

The Typhoon H uses the DY3 charger that mates with batteries with connectors that look like this.

5722A278-D705-44CC-B456-661DE982F3C2.jpeg

The Typhoon H Plus/H520 uses the DY5 charger that mates with batteries with connectors that look like this.

1FB3081A-D27C-412B-8754-DF9DFC6E20E4.jpeg

They are not interchangeable as they cannot make the physical connection on the balance terminals and the full charge voltages are different.

J'utilise le Typhoon h+, avec la caméra CGO3.
Cela signifie-t-il donc que le chargeur DY5 n'est pas compatible ? Cependant, le manuel d'utilisation indique qu'il est compatible avec le typhoon H... Je me suis donc mal renseigné. Merci beaucoup pour l'information.
J'en profite pour une autre demande : Existe-t-il un autre boitier que le CG03 adaptable au typhon H+, ou un moyen d'avoir une focale plus longue (je n'aime pas les images déformées) ?
Merci encore.

I use the Typhoon h+, with the CGO3 camera.

Does this mean that the DY5 charger is not compatible? However, the user manual indicates that it is compatible with typhoon H... So I misinformed myself. Thank you very much for the information.

I take this opportunity for another request: Is there a case other than the CG03 adaptable to typhoon H+, or a way to have a longer focal length (I don't like distorted images)?

Thank you again.

Which battery in my previous post matches the contacts on your batteries?

The Typhoon H Plus cannot use the CGO3 camera it only uses the C23 camera. The H Plus measures 520mm center to center on opposite motors.

I strongly suspect you have a Typhoon H that uses the CGO3+ camera and uses batteries that match the first one in my previous post. If that is the case the DY5 will not work with those batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pier2162
En effet, il s'agit des batteries noires, et du typhon h, tu as tout à fait raison. Toutes mes excuses pour cette confusion.
Merci encore pour vos réponses.

Indeed, it's about black batteries, and typhoon h, you're absolutely right. My apologies for this confusion.

Thank you again for your answers.

Since you have the Typhoon H with the CGO3+ camera your OEM batteries would have been the Power4 14.8V 5400mAh packs. The DY3 is the charger you need for those batteries. Maybe the seller will exchange for a DY3 or give a refund.

Merci encore, pour vos réponses.
Malheureusement, en France, ce modèle ne semble plus être en vente... Je vais sans doute devoir trouver une autre solution.
Quel serait pour vous le modèle le plus adapté (sans adaptation à prévoir) pour charger et stocker ces batteries en toute sécurité ?
Les salutations

New

Add bookmark

Thank you again, for your answers.

Unfortunately, in France, this model no longer seems to be on sale... I will probably have to find another solution.

What would be the most suitable model for you (without adaptation to be planned) to charge and store these batteries safely?

Greetings

The DY3 is still available here https://yuneecskins.com/all-product...ancing-battery-charger-for-typhoon-hh-proh480

You can also check with @PGL Drone techniek who is a Yuneec supplier in the EU.

What many of us use is an adapter cable like this https://yuneecskins.com/all-product...h480-battery-adapter-for-aftermarket-chargers that will work with many aftermarket chargers for LiPo batteries.
E8C711E3-3F75-4029-B4D0-E9FE38E130EA.jpeg
Note that three of the balance charging terminals are round spring loaded pins that mate with the flat round terminals on the battery.

If you have soldering skills you can do a conversion on your OEM charger to make it compatible with use on an aftermarket LiPo charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval