Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with video synchronization

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Every time it takes from 3 to sometimes 8-9mins to ST10 with Camera. And during flight i have a 4-6sec lag. Basically if i will lower camera and i see it is lowered screen catch up after 5-6sec.

This is considered normal as the antenna is inside the camera shell and the controller's shell, which is slightly reducing signal strength. There are mods where you replace and add signal-boosting antennae to both the camera and the controller.

There is no way a 4-5 second lag is normal.

Yes, it is average. I'm on 18 acres with no transmission towers, and only one transformer which I don't fly near, so I've got unrestricted satellite angle. I get anywhere from 3-5 second transmission delays starting at 200 feet altitude.
Sometimes at 100 feet altitude.

Not to mention the MPEG format it uses is inherently slow. You're not going to get FPV performance from the stock CG03.

Yes, it is average. I'm on 18 acres with no transmission towers, and only one transformer which I don't fly near, so I've got unrestricted satellite angle. I get anywhere from 3-5 second transmission delays starting at 200 feet altitude.
Sometimes at 100 feet altitude.

Not to mention the MPEG format it uses is inherently slow. You're not going to get FPV performance from the stock CG03.

Well then then you have a defective product, send it in for repairs but I have to ask you just how the heck are you coming to this conclusion? At 100 feet away there is no way you can do a accurate test. Tests are conducted on the bench and this is the only way to pass your hand in front of the camera to see the delay on the controller screen. Most tests i have seen are between .4-.8 seconds depending on who is doing it.

Well then then you have a defective product, send it in for repairs but I have to ask you just how the heck are you coming to this conclusion? At 100 feet away there is no way you can do a accurate test. Tests are conducted on the bench and this is the only way to pass your hand in front of the camera to see the delay on the controller screen. Most tests i have seen are between .4-.8 seconds depending on who is doing it.

What can I say? I'm good with time. I can stop a stopwatch dead on 1 second 9 times out of 10. If I can just figure out how to manipulate time consistently, I'll be set.

I get it in the air and let it stabilize, then push the rotate stick to one side for 1 second while watching the screen. I already know the response time of the bird for this operation, because, as I said, I'm good with time. Also, there's a little timer on the video feed, so y'know...

Maybe my antenna's wonky, maybe I got more plastic in the construction, who can say, but I know what I know.

Well the CGO3 camera is not something you would use for FPV flying that is for sure. The farther out you are yes the longer the delay, this is normal with any wifi connection but the times you are stating are out compared to others I have seen this is why I suggest there might be something wrong with your unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis