Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

prop fly off on my Yuneeq Typoon 4k!

Reaction score
HI Guys,
One of propellers flew off while landing after 15 minutes of flight and Typoon had a very hard landing [from about 4-5 meters. Camera gimbal came off and frame cracked. This is my 3rd flight.
I am not not a newbe to RC copters and knows how to read instructions and tighten propellers etc.

Quick google search comes with lot of posts about propellers coming off while landing. may be an issue with prop design. I will contact Yuneeq Australia and see what they have to say about it.
Apart from that i really love flying this bird ...

The props are " self-tightening", i.e. they tighten counter to their rotation - I don't think a properly secured prop can come off. Use the "nutcracker" tool to tighten them down. Other than that, only thing that comes to mind is for you to check the rubber "O-rings" are on the motor shafts...

I always hold the motor with my left hand and tighten the prop with the right hand until it feels very snug. The only time I ever had a prop come off was when I was talking and forgot to tighten one prop. And it did come off just as I touched down. The props are self tightening, but the motors also brake when landing so that is the most likely time they will unscrew if not tight enough. Motors will also brake during sudden maneuvers and direction changes. The props will not come off if the are tight and the o-ring is intact. There were a few motor shafts that didn't have threads down to the o-ring, so check that.

Reactions: Jafo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawchef