Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

PROP GUARDS

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here.
I've just recently purchased the Q500 4K and I'm absolutely loving it.
Can anyone advise me if prop guards are any good, if so are there different types/styles?

Thanks for your help in advance

Oz
UK

No prop guards are just that put them on saves the blades if you have a little crash/tips over on landing or leave them off it's a personal choice to be fair if it's going to crash heavy saving the blades is least of your worries lol hope that helps

No prop guards are just that put them on saves the blades if you have a little crash/tips over on landing or leave them off it's a personal choice to be fair if it's going to crash heavy saving the blades is least of your worries lol hope that helps

Thanks pal, advice appreciated.

They might be just fine while learning to fly but remove them later. They will reduce flight time and performance somewhat. Stay away from anything you might hit. Altitude is your friend. Trees are not. They have a hidden attraction for quads that will suck them in.
If you have trouble landing, then hover above the ground 8-10" and then press and hold the red button until the motors stop. You will make a perfect landing every time.

Reactions: TheChiefUSN
They might be just fine while learning to fly but remove them later. They will reduce flight time and performance somewhat. Stay away from anything you might hit. Altitude is your friend. Trees are not. They have a hidden attraction for quads that will suck them in.
If you have trouble landing, then hover above the ground 8-10" and then press and hold the red button until the motors stop. You will make a perfect landing every time.
Also Steve what advice I got from jafo when talking about coming in to land and trying to avoid the bouncing about is change to turtle mode for a slower approach and that's how I come in now I know the controls are slower but helps

Thanks Steve.

I've had it 3 weeks now and someone had offered me the same advice as your self and your right, perfect landing. It's my first ever quad and for sure I've got the bug.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Also Steve what advice I got from jafo when talking about coming in to land and trying to avoid the bouncing about is change to turtle mode for a slower approach and that's how I come in now I know the controls are slower but helps

I do turtle mode as well Thomas [emoji106]

Reactions: Thomas111

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis