Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop Replacement options

Reaction score
I have been faithfully loyal to the supplier I bought two drones from and a couple of others when stock was out at that place.
Recently I found 6 props, 3 each A and B for less than the price of 3 of A or B.

I gave it a shot, got even more discount for quantity and free shipping. Came in a few days, from US.

I opened them and it even includes the push button latch replacement device! Those alone are $4.00 apiece on some sites!

How can this be??

I usually don't mind paying a bit more locally but have not been shown much thanks for doing so.
Locally the 500Q when I bought it was $300 dollars more than Horizon which is their source?

Just had to question some of this pricing and see what others have found.

PS: in case you are wondering, I bought all they had!!

Last edited:
If they are non-OEM props they will be much cheaper but I question the quality of some of those. Did they come in Yuneec packaging?
I agree on the pricing from your dealer. You would think they would try to treat a good customer better. A lot depends on whether or not they service what they sell and the quality of that service.

Reactions: Ralphy
I too, have until now been loyal to the same supplier regarding drones and, although not the cheapest, I've always found them to be good to deal with.
However, Last week I ordered a new battery and two sets of props: 3 As and 3 Bs.

The battery was par for the course regarding price. I'm assuming it's ok since I haven't tried to charge it yet: I don't expect to have the opportunity for a flight until certainly later in the week, more likely next week.

However, the blades were another story. The two packs cost me just short of £16.00 each and I thought that they were definitely on the pricier side. But here's the real downer: All the items I'd ordered were in the same package and appeared to be packed well with no damage to the packaging. But two of the props in one of the packs were broken at the ends with the broken bits still in the unopened package. It looked to me that these props must have been already broken before they were packed together with the other stuff for shipment.

Now, I phoned them up to tell them they were broken and, yes, they would look into it if I sent them back to the company...at MY expense I might add. When, to me, a photograph of the package containing the broken props clearly visible through the unopened package would have sufficed to prove they were, indeed, broken. Failing that, them sending a shipping label would have satisfied me.

But no, they want me to send the package back at my expense, and with no mention that I'll be refunded the mailing costs.

I've spent a lot of money with them over the last few years but it is clear to me, now, that my loyalty to them isn't valued.

I will do my drone related shopping elsewhere in the future.

I thought of that, they look identical to me, or I would not have ordered more.
No, they did not have that expensive card stock label on top.

Where do you think the OEM are made??

I have seen this in other products where the manufacturer undercuts the original vendor after a period of time to increase justification of tooling up.

I too bought a set of 6 props with the quick fasteners included from a vendor in China for just $8.35. Having read a couple of horror stories about the dangers of cheap props on the forum I none the less tried the set out. Up to this point I have about 10 flights on these props with no incident. I do give them an extra going over before each flight and I ordered the props in the color red to avoid mixing them up with standard Yuneec props in case these have any preformance issues compared to the standard issue. I always fly with the full set on the craft if I choose to use them. I plan to order a 2nd set so I have spares should one be damaged.

Attachments

• ae_1490200421929.jpg
    ae_1490200421929.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
Well I just flew two batteries with a full set of these I bought and did notice a difference.
The white ones have a larger circle of paint. Didn't seem to affect flying...............

I also flew 2 Ultrax labeled 6300 batteries that were $55.75 each instead of $130. I have charged them 6 times without issue. Two of my OEM batteries are swelling up.

It doesn't hurt to be cautious but some things do actually work.

Attachments

• DH8_3546.JPG
    DH8_3546.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I'm liking the UltraX batteries so far. No real difference in flight times but their charge times, peak voltage, and cell balance is consistent and impressive.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Guys i made adapters to run the dji 9450 on the typhoon. They run nice several people have tried them and i myself fly with the carbon fiber props.

What flight times are the Ultrax 6300 getting on the standard H with a camera?

I thought of that, they look identical to me, or I would not have ordered more.
No, they did not have that expensive card stock label on top.

Where do you think the OEM are made??

I have seen this in other products where the manufacturer undercuts the original vendor after a period of time to increase justification of tooling up.

Everything is made in CHINA. The factory of the world.

That was my point.....

I have stayed. Away from the carbon fiber blades. Break away props are the one fuse I like.

With aftermarket props -- check the prop balance. Here is what I've experienced:

Aftermarket props seem to be "rejects" of the manufacturing process -- out of balance, imperfections as noted above or other issues. I have found that the prop packs -- the set of 10 that come with the H -- are quite nicely balanced -- some needing no balance adjustment at all. Others -- even with the Yuneec card-stock are way off -- needing quite a bit of balancing adjustment.

In my opinion -- unless you crash a lot and break a lot of props -- it's best to buy the best you can rather than hit and miss with aftermarket suppliers. And that's just my opinion -- others will certainly argue that after-markets can be just as good -- and they may be right. I think there's enough to be concerned about with these units than prop integrity - therefore I stay with what I've found to be good. (by the way -- there's a lot of these "10 prop-packs" being sold on Ebay auctions as removed from Typhoon H packages for about $30-$40. These come in the black box as packaged with new drones. In the last pack purchased on Ebay Auction -- only 4 props out of the 10 needed balancing and I only paid $31 for the pack of 10. Do the math! LOL. .

Balancing your props seems to me to be a sensible things to do where ever you buy your props.
Reject props? I somehow doubt it unless these props actually have Yuneec stamped onto them. The molds used are pretty accurate with rejects most likely consisting of deformed of incomplete mold injections. No way anyone would be dupped into buying these. Plus the red set of props I bought are nothing I've ever seen Yuneec offer. China is just very good at making knock-off goods be it Gucci from Italy or something Chinees. The whole question comes down to how good an imitation is it?

Balancing your props seems to me to be a sensible things to do where ever you buy your props.
Reject props? I somehow doubt it unless these props actually have Yuneec stamped onto them. The molds used are pretty accurate with rejects most likely consisting of deformed of incomplete mold injections. No way anyone would be dupped into buying these. Plus the red set of props I bought are nothing I've ever seen Yuneec offer. China is just very good at making knock-off goods be it Gucci from Italy or something Chinees. The whole question comes down to how good an imitation is it?

All good points --- yes balancing is the key and China is great at knock-offs (free commerce helps protect us from price gouging now doesn't it?).. I did work with plastics extrusion many years ago -- and one thing I learned was that the purity of the plastics being used and the heating/cooling process is everything! So what looks good -- as they say -- all comes out in the balancing -- the tell tale. So your point is good -- as long as they are balanced -- it's a good deal. I like the Red props -- and have considered them myself.

All good points --- yes balancing is the key and China is great at knock-offs (free commerce helps protect us from price gouging now doesn't it?).. I did work with plastics extrusion many years ago -- and one thing I learned was that the purity of the plastics being used and the heating/cooling process is everything! So what looks good -- as they say -- all comes out in the balancing -- the tell tale. So your point is good -- as long as they are balanced -- it's a good deal. I like the Red props -- and have considered them myself.
China is also good at OEM, ipads and phones to mention but a few. Many of the so called 'knock off merchants' are often OEM equipment manufacturers. They produce the licensed 'run' of a product and then produce more which they sell at a higher price to you than the licence holder pays them, and you in turn pay less than the license holder wouyld charge you. Its simply cutting out the middle man.
If you want to buy from China go to www.DHGATE.com. This is a manufacturers website and you can buy almost anything at all. The bonus is the payment method is via escrow. Once you order items you pay for them but the payment is held by dhgate. Once the goods arrive you inspect/test them and if allis well you inform dhgate that they can release the payment to the manufacturer. If the product is bad, you get your money back.
I have bought thousands of pounds worth of goods from them including solar panels and converters at a fraction of the price you pay in the west (I am in UK) and the panels use the same components as very expensive manafacturers.
Global shopping is as safe as shopping locally on the web, even if you do get bitten (I never have) you will still be vastly in profit..

China is also good at OEM, ipads and phones to mention but a few. Many of the so called 'knock off merchants' are often OEM equipment manufacturers. They produce the licensed 'run' of a product and then produce more which they sell at a higher price to you than the licence holder pays them, and you in turn pay less than the license holder wouyld charge you. Its simply cutting out the middle man.
If you want to buy from China go to www.DHGATE.com. This is a manufacturers website and you can buy almost anything at all. The bonus is the payment method is via escrow. Once you order items you pay for them but the payment is held by dhgate. Once the goods arrive you inspect/test them and if allis well you inform dhgate that they can release the payment to the manufacturer. If the product is bad, you get your money back.
I have bought thousands of pounds worth of goods from them including solar panels and converters at a fraction of the price you pay in the west (I am in UK) and the panels use the same components as very expensive manafacturers.
Global shopping is as safe as shopping locally on the web, even if you do get bitten (I never have) you will still be vastly in profit..

Yes -- very familiar with DHGate. And yes -- cutting the middleman is always good to reduce costs. Good thread -- thanks

I have the OEM props & the MayTech Carbon Fibers. I also have the adapters Ralphy made, and with them can use Autel XStars as well as tri-blade carbon fiber folders. All are now balanced. I've not yet had time from work while weather is conducive to flying and my wife hasn't had other stuff for me to do, but when I do (hoping for next weekend), I will fly a battery (the same battery, my newest one) on each set of props, from a full charge to the first warning. These will be boring flights, as it will just hover nearby to keep current load as close to the same as possible. I will note times from take off to first warning, motor temps on landing, and the sound level at a hover with a dBa meter about 1'/30cm away. These results will all be posted here (and in the original Maytech thread where this was first discussed) when I get there. If the tri-blades are sufficiently superior to warrant the expense, I'll also obtain and test a set of quad-blades.

On balancing... I have not yet found a prop that didn't need to be balanced. Not one. Not even the ones that came with the H. Period. OEMs included. I use a little maglev balancer and I am PICKY. The tri-blades were a severe pain in the tail to balance, but I got there. If you have/try folding props and want to know, ask and I'll tell you how I did it.

On the "break-away" or "fuse" concept regarding props, I'll throw this at you. Consider prop guards. Cheap insurance. They're light and don't interfere enough to be able to tell a difference. They won't be much help if you fly into a tree, but will seriously reduce the "aw, crap" level of a landing tip-over. Don't want to use them and prefer to trust a prop to break? You can still use carbon fibers. Yes, you can. How? Use folding props. They hit something, the blade pivots rather than breaking, so it does not need to be replaced. I've tested this to the point of putting a tri-blade on one motor, using the GUI to run it on a table (at "idle", NOT at flight power!) and put my hand in the prop. No, I'm not stupid: leather motorcycle gloves. I barely felt the blade impacts as they pivoted. It slowed, but did not stop the motor, and no damage to prop, blades, glove, or motor (at least it ran fine with a 5-min check flight a bit later, and its temp was in line with the others - I have a pair of spare motors, in case I was wrong...). Don't try that with a non-folding prop! Just food for thought.

/e - corrected a typo, no real change

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval