Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Props wont start

Reaction score
Why wont my Typhoon H not start> Calibrated, Bound, gimble works....wont turn on when holding down button

Double tap the "Volts" Icon. A display will open. Press the red button. Look at the scale for CH01. Verify the value above the scale goes to Negative 025% (-025%).
That will tell us if it is a drone problem or a controller problem.
CH01 for Button.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
????
You said you can't turn on the Props. The red button on the ST16 starts/stops the motors on the drone. The CH01 signal is how the drone knows you pressed the button. If the signal goes to -025% when the button is pressed, then your issue is in one of the two related RF Modules, or in the the drone. If the signal does not go below 0%, then your issue is in the controller. We are trying to eliminate possibilities here.

????
You said you can't turn on the Props. The red button on the ST16 starts/stops the motors on the drone. The CH01 signal is how the drone knows you pressed the button. If the signal goes to -025% when the button is pressed, then your issue is in one of the two related RF Modules, or in the the drone. If the signal does not go below 0%, then your issue is in the controller. We are trying to eliminate possibilities here.

I never had this issues until I tried pairing the wizard controler...What could that mean?

A quick fix might be:
Turn off the drone.
Delete the current "Model" on the ST16
Create a new Model for the TH
Ensure the new model is selected.
Return to the ST16 Main Screen.
Turn off the ST16
Turn on the drone.
Tilt it forward to get the orange rear LED.
Start the ST16
Try to bind again.

If this doesn't work, we need to run an extensive verification process that isn't much fun.

Which one am I deleting?
All of them ?
I need a step by step as I am not completely confident. Thank you

Turn off the drone. (check)
Delete the current "Model" on the ST16 (check)
Create a new Model for the TH (check)
Ensure the new model is selected. (check)
Return to the ST16 Main Screen. (check)
Turn off the ST16 (check)
Turn on the drone. (check)
Tilt it forward to get the orange rear LED. (check)
Start the ST16 (check)
Try to bind again. (check)

Now its blinking GREEN GREEN GREEN pause GREEN GREEN GREEN

Now its blinking GREEN GREEN GREEN pause GREEN GREEN GREEN
That means it's bound, and in "SMART" mode, and acquiring satellites. When the rear LED goes solid, it will allow motors to start if all is well.
Put the Flight Mode switch in the middle position (Angle Mode) and the LED should turn back purple.
If you are indoors, it may not be able to acquire enough satellites, with good enough quality, to get a "Ready" light.

Last edited by a moderator:
That means it's bound, and in "SMART" mode, and acquiring satellites. When the rear LED goes solid, it will allow motors to start if all is well.
Put the Flight Mode switch in the middle position (Angle Mode) and the LED should turn back purple.
If you are indoors, it may not be able to acquire enough satellites, with good enough quality, to get a "Ready" light.

Its blinking PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE pause PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE now and they wont start engines on the ST16 it says GPS acquiring

Motors will not start until it has acquired the Satellites. Acquiring satellites is more than just the number of satellites. If the satellite quality is not clean enough, the GPS system will not use it, even though it adds it to the count.
Is the drone outside, with a wide, clear view of the Sky?

The rear LED will be SOLID purple (or green) when it has acquired sufficient satellites for normal flight (motor start).
(When it has enough satellites to support advanced modes (Watch Me / Follow Me), the LED will flash an occasional WHITE in the purple. Even if you never use those Modes.)

Last edited:
It means it has not found enough satellites, with good enough quality, to get a decent fix on the positions of your drone and controller.

Again, are you outside with a clear view of the sky?

It means it has not found enough satellites, with good enough quality, to get a decent fix on the positions of your drone and controller.

Again, are you outside with a clear view of the sky?

I am in the mountains...Black water falls in west virginia...

Last edited:
So were you in an open area with a clear view of 100 degrees or more of open sky?

Were you in a valley where the hills block a lot of the sky?

Were there a lot of tall trees around that blocked the sky except directly overhead?

Both the aircraft and controller need a clear view of the sky. They both have GPS and they both must have a good GPS fix before the motors will start.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin