Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pulsating video effect...

Reaction score
Just a quick update for AeroJ, Rubik and Ty Pilot. We had s short conversation about a pulsating video effect that some of us had noticed. Rubik suggested trying a U3 micro SD card. This I did and purchased a Samsung 64Gb card for £13. I tried it out today, although the weather wasn't as good as what was forecast, I manged to get one flight in. I used Gorgeous mode because it was that mode the showed up the effect the most and the video was a bit under exposed (by accident and design) I used under exposing camera settings but also forgot that I had a ND4 filter on the camera! But darker settings had previously shown up the effect even more.

Anyway, yeah! Success:) No pulsating effect that I can see.... So it was the micro SD card all along. One problem sorted then.........

It will be so good if this sorts that problem. Do me a favour could you Ren ? Having already spent £60 on a fairly decent U3 that hasn't worked I don't mind trying one more time, but would like to get it right - have you got a link I could visit to make sure I get exactly the same one as you ?

t will be so good if this sorts that problem. Do me a favour could you Ren ? Having already spent £60 on a fairly decent U3 that hasn't worked I don't mind trying one more time, but would like to get it right - have you got a link I could visit to make sure I get exactly the same one as you ?
I bought mine the old fashioned way by walking into my local Currys/PC World and picking one off the shelf. here's a link though (hope it works) samsung 64gb micro sd evo for the same one that I've got. I see they also do an EVO+ card for around the same price, that might be an even better option? But this one so far is working for me.

I have to just reiterate, that I have only completed one flight in fairly bad lighting conditions using it though. I wanted to be actually flying while testing it, to try and rule out any other thing that may be causing the effect that you and I have been suffering from.

t will be so good if this sorts that problem.
Mmmmmmm. Having reviewed all the footage that I took yesterday, I have to report that in certain shots, I can still detect the pulsating video effect albeit not as bad as it was before. ****! 90% of the video appears to be OK but in certain high contrast shots, it's still there....... But it's a big improvement on what I was getting before....

Reactions: AeroJ
Just a quick update for AeroJ, Rubik and Ty Pilot. We had s short conversation about a pulsating video effect that some of us had noticed. Rubik suggested trying a U3 micro SD card. This I did and purchased a Samsung 64Gb card for £13. I tried it out today, although the weather wasn't as good as what was forecast, I manged to get one flight in. I used Gorgeous mode because it was that mode the showed up the effect the most and the video was a bit under exposed (by accident and design) I used under exposing camera settings but also forgot that I had a ND4 filter on the camera! But darker settings had previously shown up the effect even more.

Anyway, yeah! Success:) No pulsating effect that I can see.... So it was the micro SD card all along. One problem sorted then.........

Hmm? Pulsating? I was using a SanDisk Class 10 card, 32 gig. Mine gave jerky video movements lasting 3 to 5 seconds each go, then a smooth portion lasting the same amount. It wasn't pulsating but jerky. From a forum, maybe this one, I was advised to chage to an upgradedcard (forgot terminology) but problem was cured.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech