Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Purchasing H520

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum and after some advice.

Having been interested in purchasing a drone and looking to gain an understanding of the commercial side I have recently been looking at various options. I had originally been looking at the typhoon H/Plus however.......

I have found a H520 which is brand new (only open for inspection) along with an E90 camera (again brand new) for sale for £1400.

I do have a number of questions however,

Is the drone overkill for a first time owner? Are they really difficult to fly and get to grips with? Would an alternative be a better option?

With purchasing the drone and camera as mentioned above is there anything to be wary of? Obviously there will be no warranty, are repairs crazy money in the UK is there was anything wrong. The seller has happily said he will turn it on but obviously reluctant to fly it as it has previously never been flown.

I have read through various issues with the drone with updates etc on this forum - are these now resolved or are there still problems associated with the drone?

I guess the ultimate question is given the above is this feasible? Good drone for the price or would I be better off purchasing a H+ brand new with a warranty etc?

Would really appreciate any help with the questions.

Thanks

Depends what you want it for and what your experience is. The H520 is principally a drone for surveying and is programmed for that purpose. I believe the H plus is a drone more for filming & photography. I have been using a H520 for six months, regularly, with no issues so far. It is very easy to fly, but I have been flying a Typhoon H for a year too, so am familiar with the set-up. £1400 is a good price for a new H520 & E90, even without a warrany. Even if you had to pay for repairs in the normal warranty period you should still be in pocket against the new prices.

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
Hello,

I think of the H520 platform as one for experienced pilots (you need it for mapping / have to fight heavy winds/ have gigs lined up). For a beginner I'd recommend a few $20 chinese drones to mess around with and get some flight time, then purchase something like a DJI Phantom 4 or Mavic to take pretty pictures. The DJI platform is more beginner friendly in my eyes. I've found local used ones for $500-$700 here in US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech