Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Purple/White/Yellow Status Light

Reaction score
Hello All. I must have calibrated the compass 5+ times trying to stop the purple/white/yellow status light. A month or so ago I took the Q about 300 miles away from home, calibrated the compass at the new location, shot some video and had no yellow light. Brought it back home, calibrated again, and have had the yellow light blinking intermittently ever since. It seems to fly ok, except that when testing a return to home, it wants to land pretty far off from where it took off. Also the green arrow pointer is all over the place, almost never pointing to home. In addition to re-calibrating the compass I have also re-calibrated the IMU. Any ideas? Should I run it through GUI? Thanks.

have had the yellow light blinking intermittently ever since. It seems to fly ok, except that when testing a return to home, it wants to land pretty far off from where it took off. Also the green arrow pointer is all over the place, almost never pointing to home.

Compass calibration can be hard to do correctly, even for us long-time flyers. At the conclusion, the craft solid green light comes on, and the craft reboots, turns off and on automatically.

The Green Arrow function is not to point to home. The direction it points is the direction you need to push the right stick to come home. For example, if the craft nose to pointed at you, the Green Arrow will point up. Confusing, no? Note that the Green Arrow may be inaccurate if the craft and ST16 are close together.

An occasional yellow flash is typically no cause for worry, but flashing too much indeed indicates a compass problem.

On RTH, I suggest taking manual control in Angle Mode when it comes close overhead, then land manually.

Compass calibration can be hard to do correctly, even for us long-time flyers. At the conclusion, the craft solid green light comes on, and the craft reboots, turns off and on automatically.

The Green Arrow function is not to point to home. The direction it points is the direction you need to push the right stick to come home. For example, if the craft nose to pointed at you, the Green Arrow will point up. Confusing, no? Note that the Green Arrow may be inaccurate if the craft and ST16 are close together.

An occasional yellow flash is typically no cause for worry, but flashing too much indeed indicates a compass problem.

On RTH, I suggest taking manual control in Angle Mode when it comes close overhead, then land manually.

Thanks Ray,
I do get the green light and reboot after calibration. I'll get the normal purple/white with a flash of yellow here and there but will also get a flutter of 4 or 5 flashes. There is no way to tell if it's only close in that it does it, obviously, lol.
I'm also aware of the green arrow direction however the green arrow, it seems to me, bounces all around the screen without rhyme or reason and this wasn't always the case. I'm assuming the arrow works with the compass? I may also be only noticing it when its close in. I'll have to check myself on that.
I never use RTH. I just wanted to test it due to the yellow light. If there were to be a compass screw up I was interested in seeing where it would go. It's going pretty far off from home, not within 26' more like 26 yards lol. I do take over with angle but that being said, I shouldn't have to.
I guess what I'm really asking, is the apparent compass error causing RTH and the arrow to be erratic? It seems to me those are GPS driven, no? It's a Q500+.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox