Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q 500 4K - Moutain Meadows Resevoir, Northern Cali

Reaction score
On the south end of Westwood, CA, a short trail ride away is a beautiful reservoir called Mountain Meadows Reservoir. Check it out on Google Earth....5,000 ft elevation....hidden in the woods....no paved road access.....no homes, no businesses, no nothing. Went there on Father's day, 2016 and droned it. Amazingly I ran into a couple from Reno, NV that were just going to embark on a kayak ride. They could not believe that someone had found the same spot.

Reactions: Thomas111
On the south end of Westwood, CA, a short trail ride away is a beautiful reservoir called Mountain Meadows Reservoir. Check it out on Google Earth....5,000 ft elevation....hidden in the woods....no paved road access.....no homes, no businesses, no nothing. Went there on Father's day, 2016 and droned it. Amazingly I ran into a couple from Reno, NV that were just going to embark on a kayak ride. They could not believe that someone had found the same spot.

Reminds me of a flight I did last year at the Northern end of Loch Kindar near to New Abbey in Scotland. It's on private land but I was fortunate to get a permission from the land owner to do it. It was only accessible by driving through the farmer's farm yard and then down a dirt track going through several gates and past a herd of cattle. As far as I'm aware, I'm the only pilot who has had a permission to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece