Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q 500 battery swelling

Hi guys. I'm not sure if anyone has had problems with the Q 500 batteries swelling up to the point that it makes it difficult to remove from the hatch. I purchased this new in the box from an individual who never flew it about a year or so ago and have only flown a few flights due to an illness. I noticed that they were a bit snug the first time I installed one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John 1539022114420.jpeg 1539022074335.jpeg 1539022213137.jpeg

Not good don't use it. it's dangerous to use swollen batteries.
We had an individual on this forum several months ago with a swollen battery in his H.
He couldn't get it out, he had to take the H apart and finally he was able to remove it.

Not good don't use it. it's dangerous to use swollen batteries.
We had an individual on this forum several months ago with a swollen battery in his H.
He couldn't get it out, he had to take the H apart and finally he was able to remove it.
Yes, I agree. I use Lipo batteries in my planes and helicopters and usually dispose of all of the ones that either swell from the heat or hard 3d flying. I just wasn't sure why these batteries would swell so soon. The quad and batteries have been stored inside and in the origional packaging. I noticed that from the very first time I flew it they were hard to remove.

Thanks

My two batteries are approaching two years in age. They are a little chubby, but still hold charge well, but flight time is greatly dimished.
I purchased a 7100 mAh Venom battery and will buy more. Very much improved flt. time. And less expensive as well.
After market thoughts anyone? 1539575697465.jpeg

yes Venom batteries are good and if you maintain them they will last, but I also like GiFi Power 7500 mAh it performs well good flight time. With LipO batteries the key is proper charging and maintaining them. Always try to rotate you batteries I generally have 3 or 4 batteries and I rotate my use of them so I keep all with a balance charge

I too had to dispose of 2 OEM Yuneec batteries. I didn't use my Q500 4K for about 6 months (Post Concussion really sucks. I have my own personal roller coaster with vertigo and severe headaches constantly) and when I opened the box around 2 months ago I found 2 of them had swollen. Nothing really serious but.... I won't take a chance. I have replaced them with 2 GiFi 7500 mAh batteries. Haven't had the chance to use them yet so I can't say as to their flight time or reliability. I also purchased a Venom Pro DUO charger that has the storage charge capability. As for flying, well, when we stop having 100 Km+ winds (Southern Alberta Chinooks) and are not watching my Granddaughter while her parents work, I will have to go out. Till then, happy and safe flying everyone!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donmcnabb2