Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q.on extended range antennas for the H+

Reaction score
So ive seen some videos on extended range antennas that mount on the H and curious to know if they really help..Ive also seen a few that mount on the st16 controller..is either of these better that the other...Iam just wanting to make sure i have a really good connection between my st16 and the typhoon H+ any comments are welcome...My antennas on the H+ and st16 are factory...should they be upgraged?? ty for the view!

Don't bother with changing anything on the H.
The Itelite and 4Hawks are both good antennas for the ST16. The benefit is improved video signal strength.

Don't bother with changing anything on the H.
The Itelite and 4Hawks are both good antennas for the ST16. The benefit is improved video signal strength.
And in some cases the disadvantage is they are more directional... so be careful to point the antenna towards the H.

@Toofasttyphoon

Another member asked a question and deleted it, but I have to know. You posted in the Typhoon H forum , but are saying TH+ and ST-16. So are you referring to the TH+ and ST-16S or the Typhoon H and ST-16?

It may not make a difference on the antenna mod, but many other things do as they are based on totally different electronics and software.

There was discussion on here that in US it would be considered illegal to use anything but stock?

The model doesn't matter. The same antenna works on all ST16's. The mount is different between the ST16 and the ST16s (H Plus and H520)
Although technically you are not supposed to modify the antenna, there are hundreds of thousands of these in use on a variety of copters.

Those are both 2.4 GHz antennas. The video antenna is 5.8 GHz LHCP (left hand circular polarized). You would not want to use a stick antenna for video. It should be a flat panel.
2.4 last signal to lose anyway, I use 4hawks anyway.

ty all for your feedback,,I watched the video on the 4 HAWKS RAPTOR ant. and think ill give it a try...ill post back after I try it out!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx