Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Q500 4k Altitude Drops

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Discussion' started by ATLienQ500, May 17, 2018 at 4:02 PM.

1. ATLienQ500

On 5/3/2018 at about 11:23 am ET I was hovering during a test of my Q500 4k. The plan was to fly through my 6 batteries since I hadn't flown the quad in several months.

Flight location was Piedmont Park ... a place I often fly. I get there, calibrate the compass and then the accelerometer and then begin to fly. I fly around through the first battery with no incident, turn off the quad, then proceed to the second battery.

I flew through the second battery, also no incident.

On the 3rd battery, about 6 minutes into flight, the quad plummets about 25-30 feet from a hover. I boosted throttle to see if it would respond and the quad taps the ground and then shoots right back up. I then did my best to land it without further incident. Quad lands, no visible damage.

I then recalibrate the compass and accelerometer (2nd on site for the day) and flew through the rest of battery 3 with no incident.

I then flew through batteries 4,5 and 6 with no incident as well.

I have opened a ticket with Yuneec but I am still patiently waiting for a response.

I am starting this conversation in hopes of getting advice from anyone who can better interpret the flight logs which are zipped and attached ... Hope someone can help ... Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

I had very little time today to get to the forum. I will see if I can find anything significant in the telemetry.

3. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

There are 79 logs recorded. Many of those are probably made during calibrations. I looked at number 77 and it shows a 42 min flight time. This appears to be 3 flights that were recorded on the same log. Very unusual. I can see where the battery was changed but the file kept recording. The time and date corresponds with your time frame. I can also see after the 3rd battery was installed there was a sudden drop in altitude followed by a rapid ascent. That fits your description. I can see no cause for this sudden drop. The throttle was at middle stick until you throttled up to regain altitude.

This is a definite case for Yuneec to review. You should call them and discuss the situation. Just a tip.....don't mention my name.....I'm not on their friend list even though I love their products. The Q and H are fantastic machines. Hopefully you will get a good tech. It's a mixed bag.

4. ATLienQ500

Thanks Steve. They have had my logs for 2+ weeks now. Last week Imcalled back and they were nudged forward by my persistence and checked in the logs that had been sitting in email... Since then, no word. I'm trying to avoid getting on their bad list as well but they aren't helping their case. They are really tempting me to go DJI but I would prefer to simply keep a "reliable" Q500.

I will let you know if and when this gets resolved. Hopefully I get a good tech as you said