Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K Battery Charger with storage

Reaction score
Have not been able to find a battery charger that also has the storage function for the Q500 4K. Checked Amazon and no luck. Anyone have a lead on this? Thanks. ps I have the Morpilot dual charger for the Q but it does not have the storage functionality.

I bought this charger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QVK1B6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you want to charge and monitor 2 batteries at once you will also need to get another set of wires.It does not come with 2 sets of wires for the LiPo batteries.
I picked these up which is more than I needed.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0757HBWM2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Also I got this off Ebay
HobbyStar EC3 Charge Lead USA SHIP Charging Harness 14ga!! Heavy Duty 4.0 plugs | eBay

There are most likely other options but I am happy with this charger. Easy to use, charges, balances, discharges, and has storage mode.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I am happy with this charger. Easy to use, charges, balances, discharges, and has storage mode.
Same here. I have the same setup and I'm very happy with this charger. It will also charge the newer Lihv batteries.

20180118_140631.jpg

Be great if Morpilot or someone else had a device like they have the for H batteries. Pop them in, two at a time, and either charger or Store.

Last edited:
Be great if Morpilot or someone else had a device like they have the for H batteries. Pop them in, two at a time, and either charger or Store.
I don't think many people thought the Q would be around this long. The fact that it's still a hot item demonstrates it's staying power. There aren't many drones designed in 2014 that are still on the market with active sales. Even if there were a charger designed specifically for Q batteries, it would still make more sense to buy a charger that works with a variety of batteries.

I got lucky when I got the Q with zero knowledge of Drones. It was my trainer and I still enjoy flying it, however I have to admit that the H is getting more flight time as it has its own special allure.
I will look into that battery charger that you have. Seems a little complicated but then it may be just me getting lazy with learning new stuff! Ps. Looks like your burning the 1 am oil?

What kind of problem are you having?
Well 1st time I used my aftermarket charger on 1 of my yuneec battery set it to correct setting and then charged ok then had a cell fault so sent back to yuneec and it was replaced under warranty report said it had a cell errors so I have only charged my 4 Gifi power batteries on my aftermarket charger and kept the yuneec ones on the stock charger

I think that was a coincidence. Lipos all have the same basic architecture. The OEM batteries are not different and should charge better on the aftermarket charger. I generally charge about 2.5 to 3.0 amps.

Reactions: Rcdunn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis