Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K CGO3 picture problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so this is the first issue I have had in my Q500 4K and I wanted to share it with you to see if you have a idea or solution to it.

It all started with my Q500 having issues connecting to the camera. Control and telemetry was ok, but camera was reconnecting very often at a very close distance which is not usual. So, today I decided to reset both the camera and the ST10+. Reset was successful and I started using my CGO3 and everything seemed to be normal.

Video is awesome using 1080p@60fps.

The problem came when I switched to picture mode and changed the picture format from jpg to "dng". The following is a screen shot of the actual picture I took so that you guys can see what my CGO3 captures when I shoot in that format. Take a look and give me your best idea of what might be happening here:

Attachments

• DNG Sample.PNG
    DNG Sample.PNG
    603.6 KB · Views: 32
Did you use raw processing software to view the dng file? DNG files contain bayer pattern data from the sensor and need software to produce a picture.

An extra note is that the original picture details are the following:

Format: .dng
Size: 22.9MB
Resolution: 160x120@96dpi
Bit Depth: 8
Compression: Uncompressed

Did you use raw processing software to view the dng file? DNG files contain bayer pattern data from the sensor and need software to produce a picture.
No, I am just opening the file using Windows 10 Photo Viewer. What software do I use for that. A free viewer will be a plus for me, but I will be buying photoshop in the near future if that helps at all.

I use On One Photo Raw. The cost is around $100 and you own it. Adobe charges $10 per month. The is a free raw file editor called RawTherapee

I use On One Photo Raw. The cost is around $100 and you own it. Adobe charges $10 per month. The is a free raw file editor called RawTherapee
So, the learning from this is that if we plan to shoot in .dng format using our CGO3, we better have a raw processing software such as Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom that will help us open the file because the stock Photo Viewer from Windows 10 does NOT support .dng files. Windows 10 doesn't even read the right file details as you could see in my previous post, the details were wrong.

I am planning to either buy an Adobe Photoshop installation disc off ebay, or enroll in Creative Cloud.

I was already thinking there was something wrong with my CGO3. Problem was software related.

Thanks SnapDuck for helping me find a solution... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece