Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K drifting to the right

Reaction score
I have performed the compass calibration successfully several times and for some reason my drone keeps wanting to drift to the right.
Even when I don't have my hands on the sticks, it slowly drifts to one side and I have to keep correcting it.
It makes it kind of hard to fly.

1) if you don't follow this, you can get a wrong result for your calibration

Step 1: Do not calibrate compass inside parking structures, near buildings and metal
core roads. For best performance, only calibrate in open elds far away from power
lines and other metallic or concrete structures.

2) calibrate also your Accelerometer

3) and check this

Reactions: WEDWay
Hi I am new here , this is my first post. I have had a q500+ for a year now and have had quite a few problems with it. Right now it is drifting to the right badly with the nose pointing away from me. In fact the last two flight attempts it tips over on its side on start up. I have been instructed to do all the updates and calibrations. which I have done to the best of my ability. It appeared as I did them it was all done correctly. All this computer support for this unit seems overcomplicated. I came across the above while searching for answers. I have done this calibration as instructed. The controller does not properly calibrate in the first step, I have repeated the calibration several times hoping it would work ,but J4 never turns green and J2 sometimes does not turn green. All the other test passed. I am working with a st10+ controller ...puzzled .....what now?
Thanks

Reactions: davidnclearlaketx
Sounds to me like the ST-10+ has a defective part in it.
You might have to send it back to Yuneec for them to test/repair it.
If you know anyone close by or there is a hobby shop that sells the Yuneec branded products they could use their good/working ST-10+ to bind to your Q and see if it does fine with another controller.
It sounds like from your description your ST-10+ is the problem.
A guy on the other forum has a used but excellent condition ST-10+ for sale for $85.00 which is an excellent price!!
Q500 4K All Parting Out

Thanks for your reply and information. I have taken the controller and quad to a service center and am waiting their diagnosis. I will try to remember to report back the findings when they get back with me.

Received my q500 back from the repair center. Their diagnosis was some pinched wires and a frayed one. They also recalibrated everything including the st10 controller....when asked about the j2 and j4 not turning green to show ok calibration they said they used some other method of calibration to get it done. Now when I get some good weather and time I will take it out for a test flight.

Received my q500 back from the repair center. Their diagnosis was some pinched wires and a frayed one. They also recalibrated everything including the st10 controller....when asked about the j2 and j4 not turning green to show ok calibration they said they used some other method of calibration to get it done. Now when I get some good weather and time I will take it out for a test flight.

Hi Bird Man
My bird drifted after a slight tree encounter. Turned out to be a controller re-calibration was needed. I Googled it. Did it. Worked great. It will save you time from sending it in next time it happens.
And it will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval