Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

q500 4k esc

Well my experience is different. The LED's work differently after booth up. I had an ECI from the font installed on the back and the LED actually turned off after booth up. The drone was flying fine just no light on that ECI. As soon as I exchanged for the right one all was OK.
Now it could have been that the wrong installed ECI was faulty but it showed all OK when connecting to the computer and they all programmed OK.

Well my experience is different. The LED's work differently after booth up. I had an ECI from the font installed on the back and the LED actually turned off after booth up. The drone was flying fine just no light on that ECI. As soon as I exchanged for the right one all was OK.
Now it could have been that the wrong installed ECI was faulty but it showed all OK when connecting to the computer and they all programmed OK.
You mentioned once you would move the ESC in question to a rear position to determine if it is a position compatibility issue, or just a defective ESC. I did not see a post reporting your results. Did you ever do it?
"Front Left LED Issues"

Yes you are right. But I did not want to have the opportunity to screw up a perfectly flying drone just to know if it was the ECI or only the front/back issue.
I know there are 2 different codes on the ECI's between the front and back - can't think of a reason why they would make it different if it is the same? then maybe I could all be wrong on this - would not be the first time :).

Yes you are right. But I did not want to have the opportunity to screw up a perfectly flying drone just to know if it was the ECI or only the front/back issue.

Based on several instances of interchanging front/rear ESCs with no undesired effects, I am confident the advice to do so is correct. You have stated an issue with one instance, but the issue has more than one possible explanation. You did not follow up by eliminating possibilities. This leaves your observation as a matter of speculation. Until I hear definitive examples to the contrary, I will continue to offer the same advice. You have the opportunity at hand to provide an example. Or to discover your conclusion was not accurate. I would encourage you to reconsider your decision not to eliminate the possibilities.

If others have used Q500 rear ESCs on the front, or vice versa, it would be good to hear the results.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis