Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K leaning to the left in flight or hover

Reaction score
I could have sworn I posted to this forum about this problem and after a week with no response I thought I'd check only to find I somehow never did.
In any case, after a few months "recess" I took the bird out after charging everything up and find that it is not flying straight anymore it leans left and though I speculate a lot I just don't know for sure whether it is a magnetometer issue or what it could be doing this, any ideas? It was a windy day and ti didn't hover steady either, at times it climbed over a foot and others acted as if it wanted to land and I had to make it climb, it also seemed like it wanted to move sideways a couple of times forcing me to correct it before it hit a wall. Anyone experience same or similar behavior?

I could have sworn I posted to this forum about this problem and after a week with no response I thought I'd check only to find I somehow never did.
In any case, after a few months "recess" I took the bird out after charging everything up and find that it is not flying straight anymore it leans left and though I speculate a lot I just don't know for sure whether it is a magnetometer issue or what it could be doing this, any ideas? It was a windy day and ti didn't hover steady either, at times it climbed over a foot and others acted as if it wanted to land and I had to make it climb, it also seemed like it wanted to move sideways a couple of times forcing me to correct it before it hit a wall. Anyone experience same or similar behavior?
On a windy day the Q is not going to set level. It will constantly be leaning into the wind. It's also likely to drift some with changes in wind speed. But just in case, I would do the accelerometer on a level surface. I use the kitchen table. The accelerometer calibration is the most important one on the Q500.

Thank you Steve, great advise, I might even do it tonight ant the leaning into the wind, well, I never noticed it and I did test the bird in maybe not as harsh conditions as now but though it didn't settle well enough it certainly wasn't leaning so I doubt that is my problem. **** I'd even do the cal and go out tonight but weather is nasty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79