Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4k Rear motors not spinning

Attach it to the Q500 GUI on your computer. Most likely the ESC’s are not assigned properly. Had it been working properly until this happened? Any recent changes you have implemented?

I have tried ESC assignment but it won't work on the rear motors , it will bind and spool up the front motors . I removed the top and checked for loose or burned wiring nothing looks out of place or damaged.

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm thinking it may have a bad main board this will help. I have another crashed q500 so parts should not be a problem.

His power studies are of great help if you have a multimeter to help troubleshoot.

I can't think of anything that is common to two motors that is not common to all four. I doubt it is a mainboard issue.
Do the rear motors feel the same as the front when you turn them by hand?
Have you recently had the ESCs unplugged for any reason?

Reactions: DoomMeister
Is this unit new to you or have you been flying it so you know it’s history?

That is good to know. Leave the props off and try testing the motors one at a time in the GUI.

Ok I tried again, ESC'S assignment accepted, looks correct, front motors spin rear do not. When starting with the transmitter only the front motors spin for about one second then shut down.

It senses that the rear props are not turning and shuts down. Do you get any error messages when that happens?

Reactions: WTFDproject
Ok I tried again, ESC'S assignment accepted, looks correct, front motors spin rear do not. When starting with the transmitter only the front motors spin for about one second then shut down.
When you said "front motors spin rear do not", was that when on the single motor at a time test in the GUI?

The best guess at this point is that both rear ESCs are bad. If you have good ESCs on the Spare drone, you can use those. Note you can use front ESCs on the rear if needed. The only difference between front and rear ESCs is the color of the little LED wire, and that's only insulation color. The wires and the connector are the same. This is a pretty tough soldering job because the motor wires go through an opening from the top of the motor pod to the bottom. It's really easy to damage the plastic because you have to do the soldering almost in place.

These videos should help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece