Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K recording issue.

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am a proud owner of a Q500 4K for a week now, and recently I'm having a problem with my SD card recordings. Sometimes camera (CGO3+) works fine but sometimes she fails. The recorded footage is unreadable. Instead if video picture I'm getting ... colorful "confetti". Can somebody help me please. - Danny.
PS. This is my very first post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay Bennett
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am a proud owner of a Q500 4K for a week now, and recently I'm having a problem with my SD card recordings. Sometimes camera (CGO3+) works fine but sometimes she fails. The recorded footage is unreadable. Instead if video picture I'm getting ... colorful "confetti". Can somebody help me please. - Danny.
PS. This is my very first post, and I'm not sure if I am doing it right...

PS 2. My post is already here over a week andI can't believe there is nobody who couldhelp me with my problem. Can ANYBODY read my post or is it hidden somewhere?????? For heaven sake please answer me. Thanx!!! - Danny
I'm reading it, and I'm also having trouble viewing videos on my Android tablet. Getting message that video resolution is not supported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score

PS 2. My post is already here over a week andI can't believe there is nobody who couldhelp me with my problem. Can ANYBODY read my post or is it hidden somewhere?????? For heaven sake please answer me. Thanx!!! - Danny
What type of SD card are you using? You need a fast card to record 4k video. Also are you getting the same out put at lower resolutions, HD, SD, what about stills?

Reaction score
What type of SD card are you using? You need a fast card to record 4k video. Also are you getting the same out put at lower resolutions, HD, SD, what about stills?
I'm using the sd card that came with it, and I'm only having trouble viewing the video on my tablet.

Reaction score

Ok, for Danny I just re-read your post. The camera needs to stop recording before turning off the quad or you get a corrupted file. Sometimes the file can be saved by turning everything on again and recording a new file by turning the camera on and off. This usually works but not always.

As for Jays question can you view the files ok on other devices like a computer and just not on your tablet?

Reaction score
For a tablet install VLC player, its free. It will play 4 K video on my 2nd generation Ipad and my LG3G smart phone.
As for the first person posting I have never seen that displayed when viewing video but I'm guessing it might be a codec problem. Try installing this codec pack. Its free Download K-Lite Codec Pack Full

Reaction score
Ok, for Danny I just re-read your post. The camera needs to stop recording before turning off the quad or you get a corrupted file. Sometimes the file can be saved by turning everything on again and recording a new file by turning the camera on and off. This usually works but not always.

As for Jays question can you view the files ok on other devices like a computer and just not on your tablet?
Yes dweiner, I can view vids on my laptop. And thanks again for the help

Reaction score
I'm using SAMSUNG 64GB Evo micro SD Class 10. Working with HD only. Stills are OK!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sana