Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4k, replacement batteries

Reaction score
Are replacement batteries for the Q500 still available from the Yuneec website? I searched the item and all I found were batteries for the Typhoon H.

I would recommend using one of the aftermarket brands. They seem more likely to be freshly manufactured. GiFi power works for me, and there are others that get good words also.

yes it will work with these batteries, I just really like this charger because it shows me how well the balance charging is going into the 3 cells. I am one that believes if you can see what is going on with your batteries while charging you can head off a bad battery fast, and this charger actually shows you the charging process of all 3 cells in the 1 battery unit. I have had a LipO battery catch on fire on me a couple of years ago while it was charging with the Yuneec charger, so I bought that charger and I also charger my batteries in this!

https://www.amazon.com/ENGPOW-Firep...60x130x150mm/dp/B07BN97W6R/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

Last edited:
The GIFI Mah is higher than the Yuneec originals. Does this put any additional strain on charging devices, or does it just take longer? I have 2 Yuneec originals and a Morpilot dual charger with the balance displays.

I have a gifi battery , my yuneec one went south very quickly after purchase , will only buy gifi now

Cheers that is good info. In addition do the GIFIs have perfect connection alignment? I have read that some after market batteries are not spot on so it could physical damage the charger and worse still the Q500.

Would still like an answer to my original charging question though if anyone knows please.

Would still like an answer to my original charging question though if anyone knows please.

Your Question had me thinking on the subject for a few minutes.
Most chargers like the factory charger have a preset maximum output.
That preset is relatively low for safety aspects.
With Lipos and a decent charger, as the battery gets full the charge rate usually tappers off.
With those thoughts in mind I would think we're just talking about a longer charge time for a larger capacity battery.
Of course, with a longer run time at full rate to begin with it puts "wear and tear" on the charger.
So... to answer your question...One half dozen or the other.What's your choice ??
Lol... :)

Cheers Jafo. Makes sense. I think I was concerned about stressing the charger beyond it’s capabilities, which could lead to early life failure. If The longer charge time potentially takes some time off the end-of-life date of the charger, given I have no idea when that would be, I can live with that.

Reactions: Jafo
Batteries charge on a curve. They start out with a higher rate of charging and as they get close to capacity, the amperage will slow. A higher capacity battery will take longer to charge, but shouldn't put too much extra strain on a decent charger. The charger included with our Q500's, while sufficient, is basic. It doesn't have the features of a decent charger that will prevent over-charging. I purchased 2 GiFi 7500 mAh batteries, but haven't had a chance to charge them yet, so I can't say how much longer to charge. The GiFi batteries have circuitry to prevent over-charging. I am not certain about the OEM batteries.

Example below

1546740061149.png

Batteries charge on a curve. They start out with a higher rate of charging and as they get close to capacity, the amperage will slow. A higher capacity battery will take longer to charge, but shouldn't put too much extra strain on a decent charger. The charger included with our Q500's, while sufficient, is basic. It doesn't have the features of a decent charger that will prevent over-charging. I purchased 2 GiFi 7500 mAh batteries, but haven't had a chance to charge them yet, so I can't say how much longer to charge. The GiFi batteries have circuitry to prevent over-charging. I am not certain about the OEM batteries.

Example below

View attachment 13511
Thanks Chuck. Let me know how you do with your GIFIs and also how quickly they die once the remote indicates you should be landing? The Yuneec originals give me plenty of time, but I have heard some stories that some aftermarkets see the voltage drop off a cliff which wouldn’t be good.

I don't the tech in people, I am a computer nerd! I now have 4 GiFi 6500 batteries now I just really hate LipO batteries and I hate them with a passion. The nerd in me says I should be able to make something out of Lithium Ion/ Polymer cells. Which are much safer and can also have a life span, I have kept using my LipO batteries but since last year when I almost lost my house because of one catching on fire. I decided then to work on changing the batteries I use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval