Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K Start up issues

Reaction score
I have a Q500 4k. I crashed it a couple of weeks ago and replaced the shell. Once the shell was replaced I flew it a couple of times and it worked great. I took it on vacation down south and it will not stay powered up. I use a hobby charger to charge the batteries and all 4 batteries are fully charged with proper voltage. When I power up the Q I turn the ST10 on first and then the Q. The Q stays on for about a minute and then shuts down completely. I connected the Q to the GUI and I get a low battery warning as well as ESC's need to be rest. When I go to set the ESC's nothing happens. I switch off the Q and let it sit for a couple of minutes. When I switch the Q back on I get nothing. No lights nothing. When I let it sit all day and try it again it turns on for about a minute with the same issues.

Sounds like you need to pop the shell back apart and check all the connections. After it's apart, put a battery in and check the power terminals with a voltmeter while you turn it on. Either there is a loose connection or something drawing too much current.

Sounds like you need to pop the shell back apart and check all the connections. After it's apart, put a battery in and check the power terminals with a voltmeter while you turn it on. Either there is a loose connection or something drawing too much current.
Hi Steve. I just returned home from vacation. Where do I check for for to much volyage draw?

I swear it's not my go to answer but I sure seem to be posting it a lot lately...
Have you tired reloading the firmware since the issue came up ?
I
I swear it's not my go to answer but I sure seem to be posting it a lot lately...
Have you tired reloading the firmware since the issue came up ?
I updated the software. How do you reload the firmware.

I

I updated the software. How do you reload the firmware.
You shouldn't have to reload the firmware if it was the most recent.
When you get the shell opened up, install a battery and check the voltage at the terminals where the battery is plugged in. While you monitor the voltage turn on the Q. The voltage may drop slightly. If the voltage drops more than 0.5 volts then something is drawing too much current. If the voltage holds okay then continue to monitor it for awhile to see if the bird stays on.
Let us know what you find.

You shouldn't have to reload the firmware if it was the most recent.
When you get the shell opened up, install a battery and check the voltage at the terminals where the battery is plugged in. While you monitor the voltage turn on the Q. The voltage may drop slightly. If the voltage drops more than 0.5 volts then something is drawing too much current. If the voltage holds okay then continue to monitor it for awhile to see if the bird stays on.
Let us know what you find.
Hi Steve. I checked the voltage. 12.68 volts. When I turn the Q on the voltage drops to 12.66. When I turned it on, it stayed on with lights flashing for about 40 seconds. When I leave it on, the main light flashes red and all 4 motor lights flash blue real quick on the go out. When I leave the switch on, it does the above every three to five seconds.

Hi Steve. I checked the voltage. 12.68 volts. When I turn the Q on the voltage drops to 12.66. When I turned it on, it stayed on with lights flashing for about 40 seconds. When I leave it on, the main light flashes red and all 4 motor lights flash blue real quick on the go out. When I leave the switch on, it does the above every three to five seconds.
The voltage is certainly normal. Not sure about the flashing lights. You might have to talk to a tech at Yuneec if no one comes up with a solution. Did it stay powered up and did you have the ST10 turned on?

The voltage is certainly normal. Not sure about the flashing lights. You might have to talk to a tech at Yuneec if no one comes up with a solution. Did it stay powered up and did you have the ST10 turned on?
I think I found the problem. There is a black small round circuit on top of the main board called 3r3. It has a crack on top and a chip out of the side. This probably happened when it crashed. It may need a new board.

I think I found the problem. There is a black small round circuit on top of the main board called 3r3. It has a crack on top and a chip out of the side. This probably happened when it crashed. It may need a new board.
Good find, but bad outcome. I found a board listed on eBay. I wouldn't wait too long as it might not be there for long.
Yuneec USA Q500 Main Control Unit & Flight Control Board YUNQ500109 | eBay

Otherwise you might have to go here:
Yuneec Main Control Unit/Flight Control Board for Q500/Q500+

Last edited:
Good find, but bad outcome. I found a board lis sted on eBay. I wouldn't wait too long as it might not be there for long.
Yuneec USA Q500 Main Control Unit & Flight Control Board YUNQ500109 | eBay

Otherwise you might have to go here:
Yuneec Main Control Unit/Flight Control Board for Q500/Q500+
Thanks Steve. I have a line on a main board close to where I live. The guy crashed his and is selling the parts. I will meet up with him this week to see if it is any good.

Thanks Steve. I have a line on a main board close to where I live. The guy crashed his and is selling the parts. I will meet up with him this week to see if it is any good.
Ha. Another good find. Two in one day!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz