Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K with the ST16 controller

Reaction score
Any advantages or disadvantages with having these two paired up? I haven’t had any issues using the ST16 with my Q500 4K.

Any advantages or disadvantages with having these two paired up? I haven’t had any issues using the ST16 with my Q500 4K.

I was thinking about buying an ST16 for my Q500 I have the ST10 + now, Will the ST16 Ground Station give me longer radio range for Quad control and video feed?

I was thinking about buying an ST16 for my Q500 I have the ST10 + now, Will the ST16 Ground Station give me longer radio range for Quad control and video feed?
The st16 will work with the q500. I use my st16 with two of my q500 birds and also use it with my typhoon h. The problem is the video feed. It is grainy and the range is bad.

Thank you for the fast reply, I guess there is no need to get an ST16 if my ST10 plus has a longer control range and better video feed.

Dragoni

Reactions: cabinfourus
Hi iv just got myself a Q500 4k drone and I have got myself a yuneec st16 ground station, how do I get them to work together.
Please can you help.

The Q500 normally uses the ST10+ or ST12 controller. @cabinfourus should be able to guide you in using the ST16 with the Q500.

It's very simple. Create a new model, use default Typhoon H. Name it Q500 (or whatever you want). You can add attached picture (copy it to ST 16 via USB cable to /modelsicons). Save the model.
Then bind camera and drone as usual. For the camera you have to select C-GO3 instead of C-GO3P. You will have only default setting, not the advanced settings C-GO3P provides.

Sometimes you will get an error message: "OBS. Avoidance failed." You can skip the message by 'Back' button. It has no meaning for Q500 because Q500 has no sonar sensor. Do a test flight, it should work. Fly safe. In case of questions, ask.

Thge only disadvantage is the poor video quality and unneccessary error messages.
The advantage is: You can select a new flight mode "Stability" (blue mode) using the channel settings. Stability is very nice because you can fly fast and free as without GPS but you will get back GPS positioning after 1-2sec when you release both sticks. RTH will work in this case.
With switched off GPS you would have the same flying performance but RTH is not available.

If you are an experienced pilot and are inrested in that, please ask.

br HE

'Stability' was a flight mode that Blade 350QX and Blade Chroma had. In Q500 it is hidden but somehow still there.
It is not in Typhoon H autopilot (FC FW). This is total different and has no relicts from former drones anymore.

Reactions: Vaklin
I can't get my yuneec Q500 to connect to my st16 ground control system. Is there any way that I can get it to work.

Read post #9 above.

The attached document is a "Binding Verification" specifically written to bind an ST16 controller to any of the Q500 series drones.
Some of your description implies there may be a problem with your system. Note this verification is not just "binding instructions". It is also a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparation steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a verification step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.

Attachments

• Q500 to ST16 Binding Verification.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my