Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 appears confused

Reaction score
I just bought this Q500 about a month ago. I notice that sometimes when I instigate a 360 both clock and counter clock wise, that the Q500 will start rotating the correct direction but then start rotating the opposite direction. The few times that this has happened, the Q500 seems confused on direction and the doesn't know which way to rotate. This happens in angle mode.

Thanks!

I see the same behavior with my Q500 in case wind speed is high. It does not appear if there is no wind. I think, reason is the wind load resistace of the camera on the nose. It is mounted outside the vertical axis of the bird.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hello, well it's good to know I'm not the only one thats experiencing issues with the yuneec typhoon Q500+ drone but your doing better than I am. I can't even make a suggessful liftoff. I've most recently started up drone and manually held drone down while I accellerated. after seeing what reactions I felt moving stick controllers in each direction I;'m convinced there's got to be something that is not quite in working order. so from the very beginning ever since I've owned this drone the only thing Ive been able to do is startup drone. after that the once I inishiated to accellerate a lift off the drone emidiattly flips over and hits the ground and of course distroys at least 2 blades. I have gone through probably 6 sets of blades now and needless to say I'm not happy about it. I've performed everything I can think of and found on your website along with a video or two from you tube, updates , calibrations you name it I think I've done it. I at this point am lost for words and don't know where to go from here. if there's anyone out there that could give me any advice other than throwing my drone away I would be greatful. if you ask me what I have done and tried I'd almost have to respond with what I haven't tried because I can't find anything moreto do that has made any difference. my most recent email I did recieve told me to hookup to computer and run a GUI program and he said that that might find out what the problem might be. I plan on trying that in hopes of finding out something that doesn't look right but that hasn't happen yet . I will post the results of that as soon as I perform the program. thank you for reading this and will be glad to hear from anyone that might have some advice , Dave.....

If you have the Q500 connected to the GUI application, do a new ESC ID assignment. Maybe this helps.
Another diagnosis possibility, is to download the FlightLog data from the ST10 and have a look on it, just to see if there is somthing special in.

br HE

I had similar issues to the OP when flying home today a few times. I had installed a sunhans booster for video signal and flew trouble free to a distance of 4,000 ft.

Turned around to fly back and the drone would occasionally spin when I wasn’t turning, or turn opposite of my left/right inputs. I didn’t have any other symptoms of loss of control.

This was all under angle mode. I used home mode to get it closer. I did have the issue pop up again a couple times when I was maybe 1,000 ft away.

I’m not sure if it’s a drone issue or the ST10+. I’m going to do a compass calibration next time I fly and monitor this.

Conditions were low wind and I was flying back into the sun. I haven’t updated firmware lately, but have relocated the drones camera antenna and installed the booster. Also the itelite antenna mod.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval