Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 distance question

Reaction score
Is there a reason why my q500 will only go a certain distance? It always stops after going a few hundred yards. I hope all drones in the future use RC screens with no more phones needed.

Reaction score
Is there a reason why my q500 will only go a certain distance? It always stops after going a few hundred yards. I hope all drones in the future use RC screens with no more phones needed.
Hey peter, i just purchased the yuneec mantis Q that's advertising 0.9 miles but i seem to lose signal at 600ft. Of course i have trees in my area. Im going to do a distance of my own in a wide open area free of everything. I can see for miles and will be able to remain a direct line of sight, I'll see what it can do. As for now im disappointed in its range.

Reaction score
I thought the range was supposed to be in the 1/2 mile range. I love the q500 because it always does what you want it to do. The only problems I have had were my own mistakes. I have flown it once out in the boonies but was enjoying everything so much I wasn't concerned about distance so much as just having fun and fun it is.

Reaction score
I have my permit. I can go 2000m forward and up about 10000m.Why they choose those distances I don't know.

Reaction score
Reaction score
It's not hard to change the range on the geofence with the GUI. But it takes the GUI software forever to load. I have a very fast computer and it can still take 3-5 minutes for the software to load, so be patient!
My geofencing is 2500m and up 10000m. I have the permit

Reaction score
What is gui? I'm slow🙄
GUI = Guided user interface.
Fancy name for "a program to help you tune the Q".
You need the GUI and the adapter to connect your computer and your Q so you can troubleshoot some issues and set parameters such as height and distance.
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

Reaction score
Mine already goes further than I can see it lol. Has anyone been challenged by the done police yet?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob e