Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500+ GUI Plug Pinout

Reaction score
Anyone who has a Q500+, can you please look in your battery door and pull out the GUI Plug that's attached with Velcro? The male plug has Black, Red, White, and Light Purple. The female plug has Black, Red, White, and Dark Blue. Which wires go to which in the plugs? Somehow my battery sliding in ripped the pins out of one of the plugs, and I cannot find the schematic for it.

I assumed it was Black to Black, Red to Red, White to White, Blue to Purple. Apparently that's not right, because the transmitter cannot connect to the drone. Just flashes blue status LED.

Thanks for any assistance.

The bad news. If you connected red to red, and black to black, you sent reverse power to your receiver.
Watch for a failed receiver when you try to start next time. Possibly even damage to the main board.
It would be a good piece of information to later users if you would update the thread to say if any damage occurred, and how long you had power on it with the wires reversed.

I'm waiting for another computer to boot up, and I will send you a drawing you may want to keep for future reference.

Last edited:
This drawing covers a lot of ground, but the Q500 is near the center.
Note the reversed colors at the connector are not the only color code oddities in this arrangement. The receiver power wires soldered to the main board have colors reversed from the standard. On this board, BLACK is positive, and RED is ground. There are some notes and insert drawings that try to point out the anomalies.

Attachments

• Receiver Connections3.jpg
    Receiver Connections3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
That is so stupid that they reversed the colors.

Tell me about it. I was updating the text in my earlier posts when you were posting this. You may have been lucky that everything is working. I can't say this color code mess was intentional, but it is a trap into which many have fallen. That connector gets knocked off fairly often when changing the battery. Without knowing the secret, it is a pain to get it back right, at best.

Yeah, that would be a PITA trying to figure out without the forum. I sure couldn't find it on Google images or anywhere for that matter. I could see that costing some money. Good thing I had to buy a whole receiver setup just for the antenna recently. I stole one of the antennas off and put it on the original receiver. I still have the new one in case I ever need it.

[QUOTE=" Good thing I had to buy a whole receiver setup just for the antenna recently..[/QUOTE]

Hey! I remember that! We swapped a few messages. Sounds like that turned out to be a good move.
Since the receiver took a reverse power hit, it would be a good idea to do a challenging "range check" before the next flight. Most times, folks just do it from about 90 feet away. I would put the drone as far away as you can get and still see the rear LED. Power it up, let it initialize and bind, then swap between Safe/ANGLE/Home a few times to see if the LED changes colors. The further away you can get, the better. I worry that it is possible the receiver is working, but maybe not at full functionality? No basis for that other than my paranoia, but easy enough to at least get a better feel about it.

Last edited:
[QUOTE=" Good thing I had to buy a whole receiver setup just for the antenna recently..

Hey! I remember that! We swapped a few messages. Sounds like that turned out to be a good move.
Since the receiver took a reverse power hit, it would be a good idea to do a challenging "range check" before the next flight. Most times, folks just do it from about 90 feet away. I would put the drone as far away as you can get and still see the rear LED. Power it up, let it initialize and bind, then swap between Safe/ANGLE/Home a few times to see if the LED changes colors. The further away you can get, the better. I worry that it is possible the receiver is working, but maybe not at full functionality? No basis for that other than my paranoia, but easy enough to at least get a better feel about it.[/QUOTE]Yes, we did! My backyard is about 200' deep, so I can definitely do that range test. I put it through all the paces last night in my house. Even fired up the motors and went through all of the modes. I was pretty close to it though.

You gonna put a folder together with all these schematics? That sure would be nice. :)

I think that would be a good idea. I was putting them in the "media" section, but they never showed any views. Not one. This drawing, and one or two others are still there, but others I removed. It was too much trouble to keep them updated, when no one seemed to be finding them.

I will send a PM to you and Steve Carr to discuss.

[QUOTE="]Took it for a short fly earlier. Everything works great.[/QUOTE]

Good Job.
Your last post provides a "data point" for those who may find themselves in the same position some time in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to post a "closeout".

Reactions: TurboDad81

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval