Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 help

Reaction score
GPS sensor not found I crashed my Q500 K ran out of battery power my own fault it broke it up pretty bad. I brought it in and put the battery back in just to see if it would boot up everything checked out fine other than the motor dangling checked even to see if the motor was working all and all were working everything was working great so I bought a new air Frame and started changing everything overdo got it changed over and hooked it up to GUI and went through motor re assignment and all ESC checked out good but the check marks show gps sensor not found so I in hooked and reconnect it nothing changed.

The lights on the bird are lit up on motors but due not flashing the main led is flashing orange or red. I unhook it from the GUI and it just gives a beeping sound telling something is wrong. I put a new gps board on and same thing. Any help appreciated

GPS sensor not found I crashed my Q500 K ran out of battery power my own fault it broke it up pretty bad. I brought it in and put the battery back in just to see if it would boot up everything checked out fine other than the motor dangling checked even to see if the motor was working all and all were working everything was working great so I bought a new air Frame and started changing everything overdo got it changed over and hooked it up to GUI and went through motor re assignment and all ESC checked out good but the check marks show gps sensor not found so I in hooked and reconnect it nothing changed.

The lights on the bird are lit up on motors but due not flashing the main led is flashing orange or red. I unhook it from the GUI and it just gives a beeping sound telling something is wrong. I put a new gps board on and same thing. Any help appreciated

I may have posed in wrong place my first time posting

I move your thread to the Q500 section.
It's possible the main board is damaged. The only things I can think would cause that problem is the GPS module or the Main board.

It is weird that before I took it apart every thing checked out good ! Thanks for the reply

Most likely one of the GPS related wires is either broken, or not seated (latched) in the white plug.

The wires are very weak where the solder to the GPS board. Check by tugging lightly on each wire.

It is fairly common to get the wires caught between top and bottom shell when replacing the shell. The wires get crushed together and/or cut.

Check the plug to ensure each wire pin is fully inserted and latched.

If I understood your post, I think you are saying the GPS was OK after the crash, and before disassembly. Is this correct?

Also, you have two threads going. Need to delete on of them to avoid confusion.

I'm sorry ad out that I messed up where I put it the first time. Sorry not very good at this. Yes it was working before I took it apart and I never put the top back on it as I wanted to make sure that it worked before I reassembled it. I did check the wires and I checked the plug so that's why I determined to buy a new GPS board I put it on and it still does the same thing thank you so much for answering so quick and I will try to delete that other thread if I can find out how LOL thank you again I appreciate your reply

Sorry. I missed the part where you said you already tried a new GPS module. That pretty much puts it back to a bad mainboard, as @Steve Carr said.

There is one more thing you can check. Look HARD into the little socket on the mainboard the GPS plugs into. Look for a bent pin. If a pin is bent, try very carefully to get it straightened back out. They can stand a little abuse, but not a whole lot.

Thank you so much for the reply. I have already did that lol I thought the same thing lol I would say like You and Steve said I'd say my main board is bad but I found a real good community to talk with I have another Q500+ so I'll just have to try to find one that someone has crashed maybe and get a main board from!! Again I thank you for you and Steves help thanks a lot

it was working before I took it apart and I never put the top back on it as I wanted to make sure that it worked before I reassembled it.
Hmm...if it was working prior to disassembly then I would suspect wiring and connectors more than a bad board. I suggest a revisit to those for a detailed inspection and test continuity from one board to the other.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back with you all. But I did check the continuity on the Pins and everything seems to be fine I went ahead and checked the continuity on the cables going to the GPS board and everything is fine there too I've had that same problem with a Q 500 plus I had hooking up to the GUI.

Is there anything else on the board that I could check? I've ran out of things to think of I know you all deal with this stuff all the time may be something that I don't even know about I really appreciate all the help and the responses that I have gotten

and checked the continuity on the cables going to the GPS board and everything is fine there too.
Is there anything else on the board that I could check?

Your exact words imply you only checked continuity of the cable itself. What is needed is continuity all the way from the soldered foot of the connector box on the mainboard, to back end of the soldered joint on the GPS board. Is that what you actually checked?

Reactions: Steve Carr
Sometimes I don't say things like I should! I know this is off-topic but I found a typhoon H he says that there is a motor down on it it says when it starts up I can buy this for $450 that's with shipping how hard is it to change the motor on an H copter thank you

And I meant to ask do you think that is a good deal thank you
Gotta be real careful. If the seller will guarantee it is only a motor problem, then it might be a good deal if the rest of the kit is in great shape. Batteries play an expensive role, as does the camera. Know about controller, charger, etc.
A motor not starting could also be a mainboard / esc issue. Not good at all.
Be careful. Ensure you know what you are getting, and that you have some recourse.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Connecting the H to the GUI should show whether it is the motor or the ESC that has failed.

Ok the ground on the main board reads continuity between the ground and the 4.6 lead then I checked for 4.6 V over to the black chip I get the 4.6 v but on the ground lead instead of red 4.6 on it I get 0.00 on red. I hope this makes sense. Sounds like the to are grounded over

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval