Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500+ or 4K?

Reaction score
Hi everybody, happy Christmas to all! I'Ve owned for a short time a Q500+ and enjoyed it very much. Now I am thinking of coming back and purchase another one or maybe the 4K...? Would anybody be able to tell me if besides the higher resolution the 4K delivers there is any difference specs/performance between the 2 Aircrafts that would make it worth to pay the difference?

If you are interested in to get a better picture, you should think about the Yuneec G. I am disappointed by the CGO3 camera. It has many manual setting options, but even if you select ISO 100, the image noise is really bad :-(
In addition, very clear traces of chromatic aberration can be seen in my pictures, red and green fringing.
The copter and its simplicity and functionality is awesome, but the camera with its image quality is sad. You have 4000x3000 px, but what does this helps, when you have bad material.

If you are interested in to get a better picture, you should think about the Yuneec G. I am disappointed by the CGO3 camera. It has many manual setting options, but even if you select ISO 100, the image noise is really bad :-(
In addition, very clear traces of chromatic aberration can be seen in my pictures, red and green fringing.
The copter and its simplicity and functionality is awesome, but the camera with its image quality is sad. You have 4000x3000 px, but what does this helps, when you have bad material.
Hi, thank you for the advise. Not sure what you have meant with the Yuneec G? I should go back to my original Q500+ thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
The G model uses a Gopro that you supply. The 4K is worth getting or if you don't need an entire new quad you can buy an upgraded 4K camera to use on your existing airframe.

You can find the different models here - PRODUCTS | Yuneec – Electric Aviation

Hi Clement Oliver
If you have not yet purchased the Yuneec G I would NOT recommend it (I own one and also own a Yuneec 4K) for the following reasons.
What you have not been told is that the Yuneec G fits a GoPro so you will need to buy one, the camera cannot be controlled from the
transmitter you can only switch the GoPro on before take off so no control of the camera once in the air. (only up and down pitch)
Also what I find extremely annoing is that you need to remove the GoPro and the connection to get to the Micro SD card to download
the videos.
Now the Yuneec 4K camera can be controlled once in flight all camera settings etc and the transmitter has a lot more controls in it, you can also
switch off the video and take still photos and return to video all while in flight.
Conclusion the 4k is well worth the money and will keep you updated for years.
Hope this has helped with your decision.
John V
Satellite Aerial View

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval