Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 out of production.

Reaction score
I was on the Yuneec website and noticed that the Q500 was not there so I inquired if that was to mean that it was out of production. They replied and confirmed the Q500 is no longer in production but will still be supported. Am I the last to know this or the first?

I kinda figured they were since it's 4 years old. They can't really keep all the old faces around and expect to move the new ones. As well, there's probably more Q500s changing hands on the secondary markets than were being bought new, and you just can't expect to compete with that.

The reply I got basically said it had reached the the end of it’s life. Autel did the same thing with the X-Star to promote the EVO.

The Q500 was about the same vintage as the Phantom 2 which, as near as I can see, has no market at all. My P2 hasn't been flown in about 3 yrs. I can think of no other quadcopter of the that vintage that is still in the marketplace.

I was on the Yuneec website and noticed that the Q500 was not there so I inquired if that was to mean that it was out of production. They replied and confirmed the Q500 is no longer in production but will still be supported. Am I the last to know this or the first?

I just checked the Yuneec site, The Typhoon 4K (Q500) is still listed:

Yuneec Typhoon 4K | Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera

Reactions: Steve Carr
I’m impressed with the flight performance of my Q500, the variable speed control is a useful feature. About to add the Itelite antenna modification to the ST-10+ controller. I also had a bit of a windfall from Amazon, I ordered two Yuneec balance charging leads to use with my programmable LiPo charger....instead of receiving the leads, the seller sent me two new factory Yuneec LiPo flight batteries...and charged me $11.00 for both including shipping. So I now have 5 new batteries....planning on lots of flying soon.

Haha.......that poor seller will be out of business soon with those kinds of mistakes.
I’m not going to lie....I tried ordering the leads again from the same seller...thinking I might get more batteries....I got the leads instead! Needed them anyway, so now I’m all set up to use my Venom ProDuo charger.

On the downside, that seller lost a lot of money, and most likely had to cut a refund and take a negative rating, over a simple mistake that could very well have been the fault of his employees, or a relative if he's a simple mom-n-pop shop. You do it your way, but personally, for what these go for, I'd have let the guy know about the error and sent them back.

I’m impressed with the flight performance of my Q500, the variable speed control is a useful feature. About to add the Itelite antenna modification to the ST-10+ controller. I also had a bit of a windfall from Amazon, I ordered two Yuneec balance charging leads to use with my programmable LiPo charger....instead of receiving the leads, the seller sent me two new factory Yuneec LiPo flight batteries...and charged me $11.00 for both including shipping. So I now have 5 new batteries....planning on lots of flying soon.

Just use a Horizon EC3 lead

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval