Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 referb kits from ebay

Reaction score
So Ive just recieved my 2nd referb kit from ebay in the last month and just wanna share a few observations, and maybe others can share their own as well.
Kit 1 from ebay seller Hypermicrosystems was $339 shipped...kit was missing the neck strap and Q500 quick start instructions. Also didnt have the Yuneec files on the microsd.
Kit 2 arrived from ebay seller genuineauthenticdeals yesterday. Item was listed w the flight case for $399 (or make offer) and they accepted my 2nd offer of $380, good deal imo.
BUT no neckstrap, ONE set of blades and NO gimble protector for transit.
Looking back at the listing...the neck strap and protector arent mentioned, and it does list 1 set of blades(where others list as spares).
Im a little bumbed about the single set of blades, but I do intend to press them about the gimbal protector.

Any word on what is actually referbished? I assume its camera tilt, but Im still curious.

[QUOTE="Any word on what is actually referbished? I assume its camera tilt, but Im still curious.[/QUOTE]

'Refurbished' is very loosely defined. It can mean a very wide range of things.
It can mean as little as "it had a broke propeller and I put a new one on it".
or it can mean a "complete rebuild to factory specifications and appearance".
It should at least mean the item is in "working order". I doubt even that is always true.
Sometimes large systems like eBay and Amazon try to define what should be meant by the term, but individual sellers often use the term rather casually.
It's best to consider it a "general term" to sort of get you in the ballpark of what you are looking at. If you are interested in an item and have concerns, it is best to contact the seller and ask questions before the purchase.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
Both of these are to manufacturers specs.
Hypermicrosystems also sells "used" which are blems and/or returns...but for about $50 less.

Both of these are to manufacturers specs.
Hypermicrosystems also sells "used" which are blems and/or returns...but for about $50 less.

The real question in this thread should be about who provides the warranty for the product and what are the terms of that warranty. Is it Yuneec, the seller, or a third party that the seller acquired the “refurb” from?

Reactions: 5prock3t
I had contacted seller #1 about my crash but they didnt seem too concerned or even address my statement...I am in contact w Yuneec and they are reviewing my telemetry, I will be certain to update.

I had contacted seller #1 about my crash but they didnt seem too concerned or even address my statement...I am in contact w Yuneec and they are reviewing my telemetry, I will be certain to update.

At least CS is looking at the telemetry. Just a warning to all, check if the refurb is Yuneec factory authorized where Yuneec provides the warranty or if the warranty is an aftermarket warranty through someone other than Yuneec. Also who determines what qualifies as a warranty claim and exactly what is covered.

I have come to expect a refurb to be missing some parts and have some sort of issue. I go thru a thorough check with the GUI and Hardware Monitor to test the sticks, etc and the motors. Often the controller needs the sticks cleaned and/or recalibrated. If there is no major issue such as a bad battery then it's still a good deal and most will fly just like new.

I agree with you Steve. I was just trying to make the uninitiated aware that there are refurbs out there that may not be backed by Yuneec, and if that is the case not to blame Yuneec for any shortcomings encountered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace