Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 won't take off

Reaction score
it will start up but it won't take off ...and then to top it off, for some reason, it spun fast enough on the front rotors and tipped over wrecking two props. I did crash it on landing a couple of weeks ago but it flew after that. the batteries are fully charged and I recalibrated. Am I missing something?

thanks for any help
Scott

This one is odd. Can you put it on the GUI, and compare the sounds of the individual motors as you test them?
And please be sure you are not in "Safe Mode" and standing too close to the Q500. That's kind of a stretch, but vaguely possible it could be related.

Reactions: Russell Smith
just the compass is all I calibrated ..I'm wondering if it's the transmitter too ..I have another and am going to try binding to that one and see if it'll work then. First I'll try your suggestion though. I'll hook it into the GUI tonite and see if anything comes up. Is the light pattern white-front, red-back for normal flight?

thanks again for the help!
Scott

ok, so here's the very wierd thing ..I have 2 drones, 2 transmitters and this morning I went the same spot and tried to fly and the exact same thing happened! ..I know I'm not in a "no-fly" zone 'cause it's out in the middle of nowhere and all of 15 miles from the nearest airport. So I thought maybe it's the batteries. So I used different, fully charged batteries and still no fly. I took a video, when I try to take off, I can hear rpms go a slight bit higher. All other functions work and I have 11 out of 16 sats but nothing. And this bird has only been flown 3 or 4 times and never crashed. This particular spot I've flown before and there is a power line but it's never interfered before but to be certain, I went to the other side of the property and it still didnt fly. Then I tried it at home with same results! I'm totally baffled!! What could possibly cause this on TWO drones???!!

Heres the link to the youtube video:

thanks again
I'll put them both on GUI tonite and see if theres any anomalies.

Scott

ok, so here's the very wierd thing ..I have 2 drones, 2 transmitters and this morning I went the same spot and tried to fly and the exact same thing happened! ..I know I'm not in a "no-fly" zone 'cause it's out in the middle of nowhere and all of 15 miles from the nearest airport. So I thought maybe it's the batteries. So I used different, fully charged batteries and still no fly. I took a video, when I try to take off, I can hear rpms go a slight bit higher. All other functions work and I have 11 out of 16 sats but nothing. And this bird has only been flown 3 or 4 times and never crashed. This particular spot I've flown before and there is a power line but it's never interfered before but to be certain, I went to the other side of the property and it still didnt fly. Then I tried it at home with same results! I'm totally baffled!! What could possibly cause this on TWO drones???!!

Heres the link to the youtube video:

thanks again
I'll put them both on GUI tonite and see if theres any anomalies.

Scott
I should've stated that this is a different drone than i tried yesterday ..sorry for the confusion.

Can you upload the flight logs from both controllers? It might give a clue.

I noticed in the video you were moving the RIGHT stick at one point. Have you selected the controllers to something other than the normal Flight Mode 2? (Flight Settings / Mode Select / Mode 2)

I will do the logs tonite. I'm not sure on the mode but I've never changed it and the right stick has always been elevation for me on both controllers but I did move the left stick also with no avail, I just didnt that in the video.

Thanks Tom for the help
S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop