Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question about battery swelling

Reaction score
One of my batteries developed a slight swelling in the middle, am I to understand the battery is shot? Yuneec tells me that batteries should never be stored fully charged, I know it's true, however, if I charge a battery for one or two days later use, will that be enough to cause swelling, what else might be the cause.
If the battery is indeed gone, how are these disposed of? I assume there is some way to do it safely and legally.

A swollen battery is bad news. It is susceptible to fire and I would suggest you remove it from your home. Put it somewhere safe, even an outdoor grill temporarily. Get a plastic pail (or something similar) and put enough water in it to submerge the battery, add a lot of salt to make the water brackish. Then cut off the leads and drop the battery in it for a few days to a few weeks. This will safely draw out the charge. Then once you are sure it is drained, check your county for LiPo recycling. Home Depot will take some LiPo batteries, you could ask them. Be sure it is discharged, in it's current state it is very dangerous. LiPo's are not your household alkaline's, they require special care.

LiPo storage & care video...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece