Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question of Gimbal set to Global position

Reaction score
If I want to fly left to right and set the camera/Gimbal to Global position so that it is looking at me, will the camera continue to look at me even as it flies farther away to my right? Or should I have the Gimbal set to the middle position? It seems that as the aircraft flies away to my right it no longer remains pointed at me?

Yes, I understand that. Just trying to figure out exactly what Global mode does for the camera?

The following is an excerpt from @ogrench's updated "Typhoon H Plus Manual". I don't use these features, but the wording seems to indicate "Global" will not produce the result you seek.
Global.JPG

I would also recommend reviewing pages 38 and 39 of the manual for a description of the various task modes, and which modes might serve your purpose.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Yes, I understand that. Just trying to figure out exactly what Global mode does for the camera?
Global mode locks the gimbal's azimuth angle. The H can yaw around while the camera aims one direction.

Understand that. However if I continue to fly straight ahead, left to right, is the Camera supposed to keep looking back at me? Or will it fly out of range?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval