Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question

Reaction score
I have a question for all you fine people how do you bypass the landing gear retracting when you hit the home button. I know some of yall I've already dealt with this I'm sure

I have a question for all you fine people how do you bypass the landing gear retracting when you hit the home button. I know some of yall I've already dealt with this I'm sure
Hi, i don't understand very well, for sure when you press the butting home the landing gear is automatic open when you land even is this one is retract

Hi, i don't understand very well, for sure when you press the butting home the landing gear is automatic open when you land even is this one is retract
I will state all little different. Does anyone no how to override manually the action for legs retracting when the return to home is engaged. I lost a package that was to be delivered to one of my crews.
I carrying a bundle of supplies that is in a rough secluded area. Not real assessable for a Honda Accord. It's not jacked up or 4x4. So I can fly small things to them.
So, they started in a different location and as I was not quite to the clearing to hit my landing gear switch to release the package I lost connection with camera. Holding position, I figured that it would reconnect and carry on, I waited,,,, and waited, well as my luck is it didn't connect. So I hit the return home of course, batteries running a little late so come on home, right! Gets to home location and no package. Didn't realize this system did that. My typhoon H didn't do that. It took a min. to figure out what happened to my parts. So I've been trying to figure out how to disengage that action. I now have about a 400 Dollar in a swamp... Not good for my overhead. Lol.

I will state all little different. Does anyone no how to override manually the action for legs retracting when the return to home is engaged. I lost a package that was to be delivered to one of my crews.
I carrying a bundle of supplies that is in a rough secluded area. Not real assessable for a Honda Accord. It's not jacked up or 4x4. So I can fly small things to them.
So, they started in a different location and as I was not quite to the clearing to hit my landing gear switch to release the package I lost connection with camera. Holding position, I figured that it would reconnect and carry on, I waited,,,, and waited, well as my luck is it didn't connect. So I hit the return home of course, batteries running a little late so come on home, right! Gets to home location and no package. Didn't realize this system did that. My typhoon H didn't do that. It took a min. to figure out what happened to my parts. So I've been trying to figure out how to disengage that action. I now have about a 400 Dollar in a swamp... Not good for my overhead. Lol.

I have the H Plus and if I hit the RTH the H will rise or lower its altitude to the setting I specified and make its way back . Only when it reaches a baby twenty in in feet height over the landing point will the landing gear come dawn.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Sorry to hear of the lost parcel.

So, for us all to learn a lesson here; is it safe to assume the full operational possibilities were not tested and confirmed, prior to flying with valuable cargo?

Something for all to be aware of... what are the behaviors of the aircraft in all situations and configurations. Full imagination engaged, of course.

Hope this saves others from the same loss.

Jeff

P.S. if a solution is found, please share!

Very true, it was a valuable lesson learned. Every situation is different and the only way to learn is air time and reading. I haven't found solution yet so anyone with a educated guess I would like to explore it. Thanks to all of the things that is put out in all these forum's.
Sorry to hear of the lost parcel.

So, for us all to learn a lesson here; is it safe to assume the full operational possibilities were not tested and confirmed, prior to flying with valuable cargo?

Something for all to be aware of... what are the behaviors of the aircraft in all situations and configurations. Full imagination engaged, of course.

Hope this saves others from the same loss.

Jeff

P.S. if a solution is found, please share!

Yes sir that is correct. The 520 does the same, but I new that because I've always delivered and have them hit RTH. But landing gear had been let up to make drop, the upon arrival the great comes down. I have not had to engage RTH yet before I made the drop off. So when I hit the RTH I didn't realize it is a automatic action for the vehicle to raise it's landing gear. As I said in the Typhoon H system it didn't raise the gear in the RTH mode. It is Just one of the different actions preset in the 520 and not sure how to disengage it.
I have the H Plus and if I hit the RTH the H will rise or lower its altitude to the setting I specified and make its way back . Only when it reaches a baby twenty in in feet height over the landing point will the landing gear come dawn.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace