Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Questions to ask at fair

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It is a list of questions to be put together by all of us to try to have them solved in a fair or other place by Yuneec's managers.

Many questions have arisen in the forum and I believe that we can use the occasion and hopefully, with a little luck, get the answers.

I put the doubts I remember and I will add those you tell me. It doesn't matter that we already think they are answered, having confirmation is good for us too.

Questions
  • When will the stock of the H520 be stable?
  • The new cameras will be compatible with the H480, when? CGO-ET ?
  • Better CGO-ET like Flir vue 640?
  • Plans to release other cameras? For example an E50 with 1 inch sensor?
  • They're going out packs? carrying what?
  • Different versions of the H520, pro, advanced.... will be released?
  • Backpack or box to carry the aircraft? Pelican? Similar cases for the cameras?
  • What GPS built-in? the images will be directly geo-tagged without having to do anything?
  • Are there plans to implement a GPS RTK? If yes, would it be L1 or L1/L2?
  • Features, availability and price of the Hoverfly?
  • It has a dual transmitter function such as the H480? What can be done? is the old ST16 compatible for team mode connection?
  • Is the Wizard or some similar device coming out?
  • Will we have the Steady Grip? Different models for the E50 and E90? Compatible with the current one?
  • We will have available chargers for multiple batteries?
  • Extra USB port functions?
  • Obstacle detection system?
  • Pilot FPV cam?
  • Is it possible to load other data sources such as SRTM data to get the system to ‘follow’ the terrain to keep a consistent GSD when covering areas of differing elevations?
  • Any plans to bring new software out for the Q500 4k to give it some of the H features?
Questions Answered

• Will the H520 be limited by NoFlyZones?
    Bob tells us that as a professional product the H520 has no such limitations.

P.D.: I will update the list

Last edited:
Reactions: Koala
Here is 1 for you ask if they have any plans to bring new software out for the Q500 4k to give it some of the H features

Backpack or box to carry the aircraft?

I thought I saw a pelican style case for the H520, is that the case they're including? Are there plans for similar cases for the cameras? I'd love to get something for the CGOET with a more quality latch.

I was wondering, why no pilot FPV cam?
Thought about it for a moment and believe it is because Yuneec wants to ensure VLOS is kept.

Unfortunately the forum has suffered a mistake and we have lost some questions. if you do them again I will update the list, thx

Someone asked about the manuals and Rayray commented that soon the user manuals would be available. The rest I don't remember........

Interesting article on mapping and geo referencing that ties into my question of: What currently available software other than Pix4D will the 520 interface with to permit ground ortho imaging, mapping, with accurate geo referencing? Are there any plans to incorporate the use of V Map type receiver data via the ST-16s or flight system?

Drone based Roof Inspections with UNPLANNED outcomes! - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

It's too bad we missed the last few messages, I answered you. I was telling you that for georeferencing images, the flight plan creation software has no influence. What has been said is that Pix4D has released a software compatible with H520 which is the Pix4Dcapture and is only for create flight plans. We already have Yuneec's own software in the ST16S that does the same. DataPilot is based on PX4 and is very similar to Mission Planner (the software they talk about in the article you've written) and is powerful enough and without seeing it I dare to say the best there is.

Another thing is to ask if they are going to release any model with GPS RTK which is what allows to obtain a lot of precision. Right now the L1 level RTKs available with an accuracy of 2 to 3 cm are around 1000€. In the article they talk about an 11mm GSD that is a barbarity but using an RTK L1/L2 and I haven't wanted or looked for its price but it will be around 5 to 10 times more (what I saw a few months ago, I don't think it has changed much). To this day, what I have been told by the topographers I am talking to is that they work with this precision, the accuracy of an RTK L1 and that is enough.

So you're okay with the question... Are there plans to implement a GPS RTK? If yes, would it be L1 or L1/L2?

Last edited:
Interesting article on mapping and geo referencing that ties into my question of: What currently available software other than Pix4D will the 520 interface with to permit ground ortho imaging, mapping, with accurate geo referencing? Are there any plans to incorporate the use of V Map type receiver data via the ST-16s or flight system?

Drone based Roof Inspections with UNPLANNED outcomes! - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

DataPilot includes all the planning software you need for generating survey missions. The still images coming from the E90 are geotagged and should work with any standard mapping application. If you want to use V Map + GCP for accuracy, you don't need to combine anything at the ST-16S stage, just annotate the reference images with GCP data as appropriate for the particular mapping application you're using.

I'm not sure about PPK and RTK options - PPK should be possible, and the ST-16s has enough hardware to support RTK, but that's not built into the flight system at present. The SDK should provide some options in this space, but it's early days yet. I'm not sure the Pix4D app will bring much more to the party at this stage than tightening the integration between mission planning and generating mission outcomes.

I'm just thinking about "true" survey uses for the 520. In such activities the accuracy of the imagery needs to be positively established and accurately tagged to verifiable geo reference data. GPS data tagged in photos is terribly inaccurate, regardless of the percentage overlap. On a stand alone basis drone imagery is fine for creating wonderful visuals and 3D imagery but they lack positional accuracy that can be carried forward for survey certification. Of course this kind of work is not something the general commercial user would use unless they are licensed or certified in the field, but it's something that could be useful for those that are so certified.

Another question:
Are there any thoughts of redesigning the E-50 and incorporating the 1' sensor?

I'm just thinking about "true" survey uses for the 520. In such activities the accuracy of the imagery needs to be positively established and accurately tagged to verifiable geo reference data. GPS data tagged in photos is terribly inaccurate, regardless of the percentage overlap. On a stand alone basis drone imagery is fine for creating wonderful visuals and 3D imagery but they lack positional accuracy that can be carried forward for survey certification. Of course this kind of work is not something the general commercial user would use unless they are licensed or certified in the field, but it's something that could be useful for those that are so certified.

I'm pretty certain that can be achieved with GCP. Then geotagging of photos is largely only used as a broad calibration and to decide which are likely to overlap. Six or more GCPs in a survey should give the positional accuracy you'd be able to certify. However, the nature of photogrammetry is that absolute accuracy below an inch becomes increasingly difficult to achieve, so it's use for a lot of civil practises is a lot more limited than the Photogrammetry services would have you believe.

Another question:
Are there any thoughts of redesigning the E-50 and incorporating the 1' sensor?

At this stage, no. However it would be very surprising if someone didn't figure out how to do a lens swap on the E90, and you can bet that Yuneec are planning additional cameras to add to the range.

I'm pretty certain that can be achieved with GCP. Then geotagging of photos is largely only used as a broad calibration and to decide which are likely to overlap. Six or more GCPs in a survey should give the positional accuracy you'd be able to certify. However, the nature of photogrammetry is that absolute accuracy below an inch becomes increasingly difficult to achieve, so it's use for a lot of civil practises is a lot more limited than the Photogrammetry services would have you believe.

Totally agree, you can even take the images in a drone without GPS, as long as the overlap is correct you only have to provide the coordinates of the GCP's. That is if you want an absolute positioning, in many occasions you can work with relative positioning where the important thing is the scale or the real proportional one that can be given simply indicating measures (measure the distance between two points and you indicate them in the program).

Regarding this in the Pix4D page there is a very interesting article about the tests that were done following the question of a user. The question was: What is more accurate? use a GPS RTK or GCP's? The tests showed that the same accuracy and occasionally better results were obtained with GCP's.

It took me a while but I found the link :D

Do RTK/PPK drones give you better results than using GCP's?

By this time tomorrow I hope to have answered the questions we have. With the publication of the manual we have solved some of them and others have emerged. If you want to ask any more questions we are still on time :)

Remember ask them the question about the Q500 4k if they have any plans to give it new update to include some H cababilitys

Remember ask them the question about the Q500 4k if they have any plans to give it new update to include some H cababilitys

It is already on the list, the last point, I have separated it a little because it is not a question of the H520 but I will make it ;)

I think I can answer that. It's very unlikely. Compared to the H, the Q500 has much less powerful (and older) hardware and is sold as a value system. If you want more advanced features, they'd probably prefer to sell you the Typhoon H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33