Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Quick arm/motor question

Reaction score
I know obviously that there are 2 different sets of motors, A and B. That said, when replacing say an A motor are there differences within that A group. I see listings on eBay that say like:

“A total A arm motor with green led”, or something to that effect. Can you just take out an A motor/arm and replace it with any other A arm/motor? Or do you specifically have to get an “A motor with green led”?

I assume the led colors have to be the same but just want to be sure because some sellers don’t specify which color the led is on the arm they’re selling.

May be a dumb question. All the searches I do on this subject only come up referencing the color codes or what they mean, so that’s why I’m making a post and asking. My hour long search produced nothing and maybe I’m not wording the search properly?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Yes they are interchangeable, the motors aren't different it's the prop mounting plate which is different which you can change to avoid confusion,you can change the LED too, just can't change the marking on the arm.

Yes they are interchangeable, the motors aren't different it's the prop mounting plate which is different which you can change to avoid confusion,you can change the LED too, just can't change the marking on the arm.

Excellent, appreciate the response.

I know obviously that there are 2 different sets of motors, A and B. That said, when replacing say an A motor are there differences within that A group. I see listings on eBay that say like:

“A total A arm motor with green led”, or something to that effect. Can you just take out an A motor/arm and replace it with any other A arm/motor? Or do you specifically have to get an “A motor with green led”?

I assume the led colors have to be the same but just want to be sure because some sellers don’t specify which color the led is on the arm they’re selling.

May be a dumb question. All the searches I do on this subject only come up referencing the color codes or what they mean, so that’s why I’m making a post and asking. My hour long search produced nothing and maybe I’m not wording the search properly?

Thanks in advance.

I believe the LED colors are the Nav lights.
I actually bought some from terrestrial imaging.
Keith Kuhn

Well luckily I did some searching on the site and realized I probably don’t need new motor/arm. Apparently running(testing) motors without props on produces a motor error. Lol.. live and learn I guess.

I believe you are correct.
Keith Kuhn

Hi Mrgs 1,
That statement is not totally correct. The motors are the same except for there rotation ,CW & CCW. If you are study with only one motor and it is not the correct rotational direction then that can be changed by altering the wires of ESC. IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES. That said , the motors are identical and can be used for any position with some prior knowledge. Johnno Hennessy.

Hi Mrgs 1,
That statement is not totally correct. The motors are the same except for there rotation ,CW & CCW. If you are study with only one motor and it is not the correct rotational direction then that can be changed by altering the wires of ESC. IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES. That said , the motors are identical and can be used for any position with some prior knowledge. Johnno Hennessy.
Just quoting what others have done.

Last edited:
Hi Mrgs1,
In that thread Steve Carr is talking about the MOTOR ARMS not the MOTORS. For our Machines to fly we need counter clockwise rotating and clockwise rotating motors that is why the propellers are made in that way to give lift in the CW and CCW direction of rotation. If the motors all spun in the same direction the H could not fly. Johnno Hennessy.

Hi Mrgs1,
In that thread Steve Carr is talking about the MOTOR ARMS not the MOTORS. For our Machines to fly we need counter clockwise rotating and clockwise rotating motors that is why the propellers are made in that way to give lift in the CW and CCW direction of rotation. If the motors all spun in the same direction the H could not fly. Johnno Hennessy.
I'm searching for the thread were someone has actually put them on!

Hi Mrgs1,
I think your referring to a 3 phase motor and swapping the conductors to achieve the correct rotation.

Hi Mrgs1, I don't see where you are coming from, the arms are useable on in any position but not the motors. Three are powered to turn clock wise and the other three are powered to turn counter clockwise. That is why they have black propellers and the white or silver propellers and marked A and B for the correct rotation for the motor and propellers. Johnno Hennessy.

I think your referring to a 3 phase motor and swapping the conductors to achieve the correct rotation.
Hi Mrgs1, The black motor and it's propel or turns clockwise which are the A motor and prop and the Board prop and motor are the white top motor and silver or white prop which turn anti- clockwise. If they all spun in the same rotational direction the H would not be able to fly. I think that you had better ask Steve Carr about this as you don't seem to believe me in what I am saying. Johnno Hennessy.

Hi Mrgs1,
In post #14 by Patr he states that you have to change the ESC wires to get the correct rotation. Johnno Hennessy

Hi Mrgs1, The black motor and it's propel or turns clockwise which are the A motor and prop and the Board prop and motor are the white top motor and silver or white prop which turn anti- clockwise. If they all spun in the same rotational direction the H would not be able to fly. I think that you had better ask Steve Carr about this as you don't seem to believe me in what I am saying. Johnno Hennessy.
Switch the position of any two of the three motor wires and watch what happens to rotation direction. You can then decide what controls motor rotation direction.
Absolutly right but actually there is no need for reversing the motors. Yuneec seems to have already minded that. At least in my case.

From a post I highlighted so the guy is wrong? That's all were trying to establish here?

Hi Mrgs1,
In post #14 by Patr he states that you have to change the ESC wires to get the correct rotation. Johnno Hennessy
That's what I posted Pat R post to reference it. This is from Arm transplant thread.

OK so now you have the correct handle on the rotation of the different motors. Johnno Hennessy.
I've done thousands of 3 phase motors for correct rotation, different it's just the guy who says he didn't need too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval