Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rakonheli upgrade kit problems!

Reaction score
I recently brought the rakonheli carbon fiber upgrade kit. Problem 1: the cross bar on the landing gear means, that drone no longer fits in flight box and 2 full inches taller, making the box absolete.Problem two: due to the height of the drone and the cross bar (landing gear) my rucksack that I payed £50 for? Can no longer accommodate my drone and st10? So I now have no where to store it? And no way to transport it? I don't drive a car for medical reasons and often will use my bike. Problem 3: some wires when building the kit are very tight and leave no room for mistakes even when using bullet connectors for the motors! Problem 4: be prepared to be driven mad by the tiniest screws for the tightest places! Problem 5: the build was my first! I haven't done any soldering since school (30 years ago?) Get someone who knows what their doing to save extra costs and further damage! It's easy to drop solder onto your ESC circuit boards ( I did twice!).

Hi and good morning,
Congrates on doing the kit, it was a challenge for me as well, I didn't use the bullet connectors, I left my wire harness intact for the build and de-soldered then re-soldered the power supply wires to the esc.

The cross brace needs to be in place on the landing gear or the frame will flex a lot.
I cut 30mm off the down tubes to lower mine, it was a bit of a chore, new holes need to be drilled once you have them cut, I ended up making mine a bit bigger, it's not a structure strength issue, just alignment.
You'll also be shortening the cross brace when the legs get shortened.

I tried to show the difference between what I did and a stock kit but I could only find one of another build, that's the one in the air.

Another issue comes with storing the transmitter in the foam where it normally sits, it won't due to the cross-brace, the foam would have to be removed and cut to accommodate everything again in the backpack or box.

So basically what I did was to get another case for the transmitter/controller, spare batteries & props.
Then I re-foamed the original box to carry just the bird.
You could still use the rucksack after you shorten the legs, you'll still need to carry the transmitter/controller separate.
So in the end it leaves me with two boxes to carry, for me not a big issue.

And yes, some of those screws are very small indeed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal