Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rapid Beeps when touch Right Stick

Reaction score
Is it normal for the H to give rapid beeping when you touch the right stick with the motors turned off?

It does not beep until I deflect the right stick. I have been into the "secret menu" and re-calibrated the ST16, but I still get the beeps with motors turned off (have not tried with the motors on).

Is it normal for the H to give rapid beeping when you touch the right stick with the motors turned off?

It does not beep until I deflect the right stick. I have been into the "secret menu" and re-calibrated the ST16, but I still get the beeps with motors turned off (have not tried with the motors on).

Yep. It comes from a time of using regular RC radios. It's to tell you a stick is off center, such as having a trim set.

Yep. It comes from a time of using regular RC radios. It's to tell you a stick is off center, such as having a trim set.
Westbur,
Trim has not been set in this case. I have had the problem once before on H startup and re-calibrated as one of the sticks was not centering, but this is happening only when I deflect the stick (in either direction) with no trim values set.
Will double check the trims, but I am almost certain that both the trims for that stick are at zero.

Thanks for the quick response by the way.

Westbur,
Trim has not been set in this case. I have had the problem once before on H startup and re-calibrated as one of the sticks was not centering, but this is happening only when I deflect the stick (in either direction) with no trim values set.
Will double check the trims, but I am almost certain that both the trims for that stick are at zero.

Thanks for the quick response by the way.

No, what I mean is it's assuming the sticks are centered when disarmed. If your trim was wrong it would always beeps, even with no stick input from you. If it does not beep when the sticks are centered then your all good!

No, what I mean is it's assuming the sticks are centered when disarmed. If your trim was wrong it would always beeps, even with no stick input from you. If it does not beep when the sticks are centered then your all good!
Hmmm, strange, I have been flying the H for over a year and never noticed the beeping on right stick deflection before. Will see if it happens when the motors are armed.

Thanks.

Might want to have the H well clear of the ground first...
Just as a follow up for anyone else with this problem.
Flight went fine. I armed the motors and in idle mode tried deflecting the stick and there were no beeps. Took off and left the gear down at just above head height (nice open field) in case I needed to hand catch. I had full control in all axis and after landing and powering down the motors but leaving the H turned on I was back to beeping on deflection of the right stick.

Got be baffled what this is, I have not encountered it before.

It beeps when stick input happens and it’s on and motors are stopped. It’s to let you know the stick is not in the neutral center position. It happens to me when my strap bumps the sticks. If it’s beeping on its own without anything touching the sticks then I’d say it’s not properly returning to center neutral and may need cleaning and our calibration.

It beeps when stick input happens and it’s on and motors are stopped. It’s to let you know the stick is not in the neutral center position. It happens to me when my strap bumps the sticks. If it’s beeping on its own without anything touching the sticks then I’d say it’s not properly returning to center neutral and may need cleaning and our calibration.

Thanks for that CraigCam.

It must be that I have never bumped the right stick when powered up in all this time! I have had the right stick out of calibration on one occasion, but never come across this particular situation. Just shows how much there is to still learn about the 480.

I have same issue j4 stick beeps continuously until I bump stick. How do I calibrate without screwing up the whole system

Craig how do calibrate the right stick? In new to this any help would be great my H beeps when in idle however with motors running it stops.

Craig how do calibrate the right stick? In new to this any help would be great my H beeps when in idle however with motors running it stops.

Dani, I don't have time to re-write the info here. Sorry.

I do have time to suggest doing a search on hardware, stick, et ... calibration. There should be some good tutorials here and on "the 'tube" as this has been discussed many times.

Good luck!

Jeff

I do have time to suggest doing a search on hardware, stick, et ... calibration. There should be some good tutorials here and on "the 'tube" as this has been discussed many times.

Good luck!

Jeff

It’s a good habit to turn on the ST first and go to hardware monitor once it’s booted to flight control. Often times, just exercising the sticks vigorously in back and forth and in circular motions will get them working to spec. It’s not a sealed potentiometer and any dirt or moisture can cause improper stick response. A can of air should be part of your tools. If you get beeping when sticks are centered, then they are showing output which is usually from dirt stopping proper zero no voltage center.

It’s a good habit to turn on the ST first and go to hardware monitor once it’s booted to flight control. Often times, just exercising the sticks vigorously in back and forth and in circular motions will get them working to spec. It’s not a sealed potentiometer and any dirt or moisture can cause improper stick response. A can of air should be part of your tools. If you get beeping when sticks are centered, then they are showing output which is usually from dirt stopping proper zero no voltage center.
Thanks for your help, it seems that j4 won't turn green in calibrate mode. I am afraid to open the control any suggestions. I will try to blow out with canned air.

Good luck!

Jeff
Well I didn't reply to you, so thanks for your arrogant response. Ill stick to youtube. I'm new to this whole thing.I did not see the your post reguarding my issue.

Well I didn't reply to you, so thanks for your arrogant response. Ill stick to youtube. I'm new to this whole thing.I did not see the your post reguarding my issue.

Gee Dano,

Sorry you thought my post was arrogant. Was only trying to help, seeing you had asked for help on how to calibrate.

I did not have time to research and post exact links to articles, forum threads and the like as I was honestly short on time and only dropped in to check on a couple items I had been watching. Since I had not seen any responses to your request for additional help, I thought suggesting what to search on might help save YOU time.

Hope you got it all figured out.

Jeff

Last edited:
Gee Dano,

Sorry you thought my post was arrogant. Was only trying to help, seeing you had asked for help on how to calibrate.

I did not have time to research and post exact links to articles, forum threads and the like as I was honestly short on time and only dropped in to check on a couple items I had been watching. Since I had not seen any responses to your request for additional help, I thought suggesting what to search on might help save YOU time.

Hope you got it all figured out.

Jeff
Jeff I apologize for that rant , I was frustrated.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval