Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Reached 1 mile with Build 822

RPR

Reaction score
This thread lead to a solution She's feeling naked now - Removed RS Module

While working in Utah for the last two days this week, I was flying on BUILD 822 just so I can log that I am flying on a new Firmware, a bit hesitant due to the previous problems that I've had S M H

When, I removed the RS module last week, my flights was relatively longer, and interference went away. The only warning that I had gotten was an "Ultrasonic Sensor Not Working" this message is not a big deal, but if you are using the TH Minus for structural inspection the OBS comes in handy. I confirmed the flight performance and the notification, with @JackMTaco he too reported the error, as well as getting great range.

Prior work, I reinstalled my RS module, with one exception, I placed a cooper shield on top of the RS board, because if flying without the RS module helped tremendously, then cooper shielding would help block any internal interference that it might have to the main board. Luckily my theory was correct, the copper shield worked!

Some of you has seen my previous videos on this field, where I usually get an interference glitch at 1800ft to 2000ft lat. as well, as the annoying ascending problem. But in today's range test, BUILD 822 performed well, and also wait for a minute or two until you have 7 or more SAT before you fly.

Not bad at all :)

This thread lead to a solution She's feeling naked now - Removed RS Module

While working in Utah for the last two days this week, I was flying on BUILD 822 just so I can log that I am flying on a new Firmware, a bit hesitant due to the previous problems that I've had S M H

When, I removed the RS module last week, my flights was relatively longer, and interference went away. The only warning that I had gotten was an "Ultrasonic Sensor Not Working" this message is not a big deal, but if you are using the TH Minus for structural inspection the OBS comes in handy. I confirmed the flight performance and the notification, with @JackMTaco he too reported the error, as well as getting great range.

Prior work, I reinstalled my RS module, with one exception, I placed a cooper shield on top of the RS board, because if flying without the RS module helped tremendously, then cooper shielding would help block any internal interference that it might have to the main board. Luckily my theory was correct, the copper shield worked!

Some of you has seen my previous videos on this field, where I usually get an interference glitch at 1800ft to 2000ft lat. as well, as the annoying ascending problem. But in today's range test, BUILD 822 performed well, and also wait for a minute or two until you have 7 or more SAT before you fly.

So, is the jury in? To RS or not to RS?

So, is the jury in? To RS or not to RS?

I had a notification error, without the RS, but it is not a big deal. But, it is really up to you, you can try both. Without the RS and go naked, or with it on, but shield the RS board, with copper.

As Spock might say...."Is it logical to remove the RS module?"
What are the advantages?
Why not just turn it off? Then no message!!
Curious minds are questioning....well mine is at least while I manage to concentrate enough to type this.:confused:
Cheers

As Spock might say...."Is it logical to remove the RS module?"
What are the advantages?
Why not just turn it off? Then no message!!
Curious minds are questioning....well mine is at least while I manage to concentrate enough to type this.:confused:
Cheers

With the OBS switch in the middle or at the ON position, and RS is set to close in the ST16s setting. The message still appears.

Major advantage by not having the RS, weight and battery efficiency.

Reactions: PatR
Basic equipment decision, one pretty easy to settle; why carry anything that won’t be used? Kind of like putting telephone books in your backpack for a 10 mile hike.

Once I can find the solution make the sensors work, without the RS.

Sounds to me that RS is just excess baggage, unless your a selfie freak.

• Haha
Reactions: JackMTaco and RPR
Once I can find the solution make the sensors work, without the RS.

If you’re not trying to get up close and personal to things, fly follow mode through the briars and the brambles, or fly indoors RS does nothing. The basic OA feature handles obstacle bump prevention pretty well. It won’t redirect the aircraft but you won’t run into anything.

For the work you’ve presented here there’s absolutely no point in carrying the module. For what you’ve been doing its only purpose was to bump up the sales price and reduce flight time, inducing more battery sales. Note they sold them without RS in Europe, but not here.

The basic OA feature handles obstacle bump prevention pretty well. It won’t redirect the aircraft but you won’t run into anything.

The basic obstacle avoidance does not seem to work, without the RS module. If you have any solution, I’m all for it, because I want to get rid of RS, and only fly, with OA.

Reactions: mbernholdt
Basic equipment decision, one pretty easy to settle; why carry anything that won’t be used? Kind of like putting telephone books in your backpack for a 10 mile hike.
You might get lost and use them to start a fire, or phone a friend!

The basic obstacle avoidance does not seem to work, without the RS module. If you have any solution, I’m all for it, because I want to get rid of RS, and only fly, with OA.
It worked out of the box for me when I got mine without RS.

Do you hear any ticking when you flick the switch? If you do it works. You don't get the same indication on the screen like with RS I tested mine back in the beginning by flying real slow towards a tree until it stopped [emoji23]

The error is generic I had it all the time.

It worked out of the box for me when I got mine without RS.

Do you hear any ticking when you flick the switch? If you do it works. You don't get the same indication on the screen like with RS I tested mine back in the beginning by flying real slow towards a tree until it stopped [emoji23]

The error is generic I had it all the time.

On yours, was the connector connected so something prior to you upgrading to RS?
I know a little bit of reading drone source codes. I checked the MPC OBS parameters and this pinged at 1 and message at 5Hz. Therefore there has to be something connected to the connector.

The message is not generic. It’s a notification that sonar (OBS) doesn’t work.

Reactions: mbernholdt
On yours, was the connector connected so something prior to you upgrading to RS?
I know a little bit of reading drone source codes. I checked the MPC OBS parameters and this pinged at 1 and message at 5Hz. Therefore there has to be something connected to the connector.

The message is not generic. It’s a notification that sonar (OBS) doesn’t work.
No the connector is just loose in there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval