Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Real flight times?

On all flights using E90 where I have run to the RTL / Battery Warning, I get 0.4 hours.

Every single time.

That's across 2 different batteries.

I'm getting my threads crossthreaded...

I will post here.

As I stated earlier my last two flights which were considered "light operational" got me 19:30 and just over 20:00 at the 30% low Batt warning, with E90. I feel that batt warning value is quite conservative, but do not yet want to push the value until more testing and firmware upgrade.....?

Should note TEMPERATURE...for these was around 40-42 deg F high humidity and little to no breeze, low altitude below 40 meters. All factors affecting flight time.

Last edited:
Those values match mine. In my case I have approached the Home and let the RTL activate to see how it lands and how close it is to the launch point.

View media item 647View media item 648View media item 649View media item 632View media item 631View media item 630View media item 629View media item 628View media item 627View media item 626
Here's a few screen shots of a quick flight test. Angle mode with legs retracted, E90 camera recording at 50fpm moving laterally at around 2mph over a distance of 15m @ a height of 6ft or around 1.8m

Note the altitude on landing. The 520 lost over 2m in height through the flight and I had to adjust the altitude continually to keep the flight height.

Last edited:
@IRIS gives me an error when trying to view the images "You do not have permission to view media within this album."

If you fly too fast it is normal for the drone not to have enough strength to compensate for the loss of altitude. At slower speed it does it perfectly. It happens with this one and all the drones.

At 2mph I should have been able to do it without a problem.....

I would need an exponential on the controls, it is very difficult for me to have to move the sticks so much.

Practice on 3D aerobatic airplanes. To fly casually, move the sticks a little. To fly wild, move them a lot.

@IRIS gives me an error when trying to view the images "You do not have permission to view media within this album."

If you fly too fast it is normal for the drone not to have enough strength to compensate for the loss of altitude. At slower speed it does it perfectly. It happens with this one and all the drones.

I would need an exponential on the controls, it is very difficult for me to have to move the sticks so much.

Sorry my fault wrong settings on folder, just trying to change now.

you should see the screen shots now

Reactions: arruntus
Practice on 3D aerobatic airplanes. To fly casually, move the sticks a little. To fly wild, move them a lot.

I am referring to about the aircraft's response to what you have to move the sticks. Maybe I'm just used to having exponential controls. In the H520 we have the speed control and with that you get the same thing. But it's not the same.......

arruntus does your "accumulated consumption" give you the mAh on your ST as you can see in the images mine does not.

I see what you see. No data. I haven't updated to the latest version yet. Have you tried it to see if it's been corrected?

The consumptions are the same as I've seen in mine.

That was the latest firmware on it for todays flight test.
I did a second flight where I just hovered with 4 360 yaws and not recording, got a time of 18:35 same height and again had to adjust for about a 2m drop in altitude over the flight.
It did hover with great precession as it drifted no more than 600mm or 2ft for those across the pond.

Last edited:
That was the latest firmware on it for todays flight test.
I did a second flight where I just hovered with 4 360 yaws and not recording, got a time of 18:35 same height and again had to adjust for about a 2m drop in altitude over the flight.
It did hove with great precession as it drifted no more than 600mm or 2ft for those across the pond.

Try to calibrate the compass and check the aircraft controls monitor to see if everything's all right. Mine stays standing in Angle mode. In Europe the maximum separation distance from the last calibration of the compass is 50km. Let's see if that'll hopefully solve it.

Will give it a recal tomorrow as I was told by Dan that you don't need to recal compass after the firmware updates, that was while we were chatting about the 520 that I had drop into the sea :(:mad::mad::mad:.

Will give it a recal tomorrow as I was told by Dan that you don't need to recal compass after the firmware updates, that was while we were chatting about the 520 that I had drop into the sea :(:mad::mad::mad:.

ummmmmmmm I don't want to contradict anyone but I'm used to it, it's something I always do. Systematically. It's something that costs very little, it keeps you cool what each parameter is and by my own experience suffering what it's not written and not being able to find the fault a clearing of the memory eliminating the values of the variables of the previous update has solved many problems for me.

ummmmmmmm I don't want to contradict anyone but I'm used to it, it's something I always do. Systematically. It's something that costs very little, it keeps you cool what each parameter is and by my own experience suffering what it's not written and not being able to find the fault a clearing of the memory eliminating the values of the variables of the previous update has solved many problems for me.
Its part of my opp's manual to recal after every firmware update and Yuneecs manual states that it should be completed also. It has cleared some issues I had with the 480 and I will continue to do it as a standard part of any update.;)

Reactions: arruntus

to see the images you must be logged in

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430