Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Realsense module update?

Reaction score
I assume that if there was an update to the realsense module that it would come with the firmware update for the H.

I'm just wondering because it seems my obstacle avoidenace is always "unavailable" no matter what mode I'm flying in, height, etc. Maybe an update would help. I've updated everything else.and didn't see.realsense listed. I've seen through videos that some have a higher update version than my 1.0 for the realsense.

Is there a way to update this? I'm not finding it.

I just updated to latest version on the H and the ST-16, I was running a firmware version from Sept 1st 2016. Although the RealSense remained in the same version its still 1.1v so yes, that might be your problem.

I would make sure the "RealSense module installed" is checked on Settings and run the update on the aircraft again.

update.jpg

Greetings!

I assume that if there was an update to the realsense module that it would come with the firmware update for the H.

I'm just wondering because it seems my obstacle avoidenace is always "unavailable" no matter what mode I'm flying in, height, etc. Maybe an update would help. I've updated everything else.and didn't see.realsense listed. I've seen through videos that some have a higher update version than my 1.0 for the realsense.

Is there a way to update this? I'm not finding it.
Did you make sure "RealSense Module Installed" is checked? Look under System Settings -> Other Settings and make sure it's checked. You have to do this each time you update firmware on the ST16.

Greg

Did you make sure "RealSense Module Installed" is checked? Look under System Settings -> Other Settings and make sure it's checked. You have to do this each time you update firmware on the ST16.

Greg

Yep, it's checked. I've even unchecked it and rechecked it with turning the machine off and on just in case.

Sorry to state the obvious but just in case....Intelsense only works if the H has solid GPS lock on at least 10 satellites. Make sure you have plenty of those in the count bar.

Speaking for myself I never lift off unless I see at least 17 sats for the H and 10 for the ST16. This generally means sitting on the ground without props spinning for around 2 minutes.

For my first flight of the day I let the H sit for 10-13 minutes.

Since my confirmed flyaway and concerns about not only the GPS but also the compass I generally do a compass calibration before the first flight of the day. It’s less than 2 minutes and cheap insurance.

Some may think I’m crazy and overly cautious but I really don’t like crashes. I’d really rather be flying than playing Yuneec H tech.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox