Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RealSense mounting Screws

Reaction score
Hi all! I bought a RealSense module on EBay but was shipped the wrong screws for mounting the rear of the sensor. I’d send it back but I got a screaming deal on it, and it is recognized by the controller so it works. Is there a place to order screws or does anyone have any I could buy off them? I tried the local Fastenal and they can’t find any in that length, width and thread pattern, plus they’d make me buy a hundred...lol Thank you for your help in advance!

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
If you have the size and type, look at microfasteners.com in their metric selections.

If you have the size and type, look at microfasteners.com in their metric selections.
It uses two 2mm x 19mm, and two 2mm x 5mm Thread-forming screws for plastic -to be specific. Any other thread type might crack the hollow plastic posts.

However 19mm is unusually long for a 2mm, and experience has shown me they are way too long and very hard to fully seat enough to hold the RealSense securely. A 14mm or 15mm would work just fine.

It uses two 2mm x 19mm, and two 2mm x 5mm Thread-forming screws for plastic -to be specific. Any other thread type might crack the hollow plastic posts.

However 19mm is unusually long for a 2mm, and experience has shown me they are way too long and very hard to fully seat enough to hold the RealSense securely. A 14mm or 15mm would work just fine.

Thank you! It has proved difficult to find them, but I wasn’t sure on the actual sizes and I didn’t want to just try anything because I didn’t want to break the plastic well. I found a hex head 2mm x 14mm stainless with self tapping thread on Amazon so I’m going to buy a gross of them....so now I’ll have them for anyone who needs them...lol

Reactions: DCH
Hi all! I bought a RealSense module on EBay but was shipped the wrong screws for mounting the rear of the sensor. I’d send it back but I got a screaming deal on it, and it is recognized by the controller so it works. Is there a place to order screws or does anyone have any I could buy off them? I tried the local Fastenal and they can’t find any in that length, width and thread pattern, plus they’d make me buy a hundred...lol Thank you for your help in advance!
if you contact yuneec and are nice to them they might send you a couple.

Thank you! It has proved difficult to find them, but I wasn’t sure on the actual sizes and I didn’t want to just try anything because I didn’t want to break the plastic well. I found a hex head 2mm x 14mm stainless with self tapping thread on Amazon so I’m going to buy a gross of them....so now I’ll have them for anyone who needs them...lol

I just purchased one and it didn't come with any screws how much were they??

If you still have some of those longer screws left, I sure could use a couple!

Hi .do you have a link to the screw you bought to mount the realsence
Cheers lee

Try yuneec skins.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech