Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Realsense question

Reaction score
It seems that I have read nothing positive about the realsense system. Has or does anyone actually use it? Do I buy the guy on the bike riding it through the winding road with trees? No but it seems like a cool idea.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
It seems that I have read nothing positive about the realsense system. Has or does anyone actually use it? Do I buy the guy on the bike riding it through the winding road with trees? No but it seems like a cool idea.
I have the realsense and it is working properly. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and it is a very cool feature. Nevertheless I don't use it at all. I just don't need it.

Reactions: c10necrp
So you have actually used it? I did once and it did stop before it came to a goal post but I was reluctant to keep going and having another "oops ". I will take your word for it.

Don't waste your money! I bought with a big hope, but all hopes are away yet.

With this cool thing H stops landing properly, yaw not properly or no yaw at all and so on. You have no chance to turn it completely off on the fly. I removed it and have no plans to play more with them.

To each their own. I have it on my H Plus and use it most of the time. Never had any problems with it,when used properly. Like everything it has its limitations, I would have liked it more if it was allowed to work near the ground where you would need it most.
Cheers.
Mike

I'll be accept all nonperfections if I had possibility to turn completely off this amazing thing, but no, I can't. Logic says if I don't want to avoid obstacles, I for sure don't accept support in approach and landing. RealSense holds the copter few inches to few feet over the ground and hover. For what I want to ask if the throttle stick is downed with force?

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
I can only copy Mike Irish, my is perfect when activated on my TH Pro pity about the height, however still a awesome piece of kit

PS as long as all the {bars red or green) are visible on the controller and GPS locked, that is my little input

I'll be accept all nonperfections if I had possibility to turn completely off this amazing thing, but no, I can't. Logic says if I don't want to avoid obstacles, I for sure don't accept support in approach and landing. RealSense holds the copter few inches to few feet over the ground and hover. For what I want to ask if the throttle stick is downed with force?
I am sorry I don't understand the problems you are experiencing with your drone.Which model H ho you own?
Maybe the older units worked definitely than the new one that's on the H Plus! I havent that any problems while landing my Plus where the Real sense kicking in and prevented me from landing. Are you mistaking the safety feature where the craft wont allow you to land closer that 12ft from the transmitter?
Regards.
Mike

The copter is Typhoon H. RealSense is version 1. Later I understood about ver. 1 and ver. 2.

My primary goal when I spent money was to have some kind of allert for not lowered landing gear near the field. I didn't get this. My RS obviosly is ver. 1.

I always landing in a meter or two from my position. This gives me chance to make a soft landing. With RS this sometimes is possible, but in most cases not. The copter stay over the ground and no force can land it. Tried with climbing, slow descend, fast descend, no way. This strange behavior is explained as "virtual obstacle". But I don't accept any unvanted virtuality. For me just enough be to have possibility to turn COMPLETELY off this augmented reality. I don't use any smart modes to expect help from RS in these tasks.

Last decision was to uninstall it. As a memory from RS copter slows descend in few meters above the ground, which is acceptable behavior. Now landing every time as I want.

The copter is Typhoon H. RealSense is version 1. Later I understood about ver. 1 and ver. 2.

My primary goal when I spent money was to have some kind of allert for not lowered landing gear near the field. I didn't get this. My RS obviosly is ver. 1.

I always landing in a meter or two from my position. This gives me chance to make a soft landing. With RS this sometimes is possible, but in most cases not. The copter stay over the ground and no force can land it. Tried with climbing, slow descend, fast descend, no way. This strange behavior is explained as "virtual obstacle". But I don't accept any unvanted virtuality. For me just enough be to have possibility to turn COMPLETELY off this augmented reality. I don't use any smart modes to expect help from RS in these tasks.

Last decision was to uninstall it. As a memory from RS copter slows descend in few meters above the ground, which is acceptable behavior. Now landing every time as I want.
For me I only have experience with the newer model V2 Realseance unit. As I said I have never experienced the problems you have. I suppose that's why they replaced the unit you have with the new and improved V2?
Mike

For me ver.1 was expensive useless toy, so no more ideas for improvements like this one.

If sometime I can switch on and off RS from the remote, I'll probably try with ver. 2 too.

I'm not hard limited in spending, but I want to benefit.

For me ver.1 was expensive useless toy, so no more ideas for improvements like this one.

If sometime I can switch on and off RS from the remote, I'll probably try with ver. 2 too.

I'm not hard limited in spending, but I want to benefit.
I think you should ask advice from others here before spending money, I think that V2 wont work on the older H models?
Mike

First of all, how to differentiate visually different versions?

I'm not sure mine is ver. 1. By deduction I guess this because of no reaction to landing gear position at all.

But in any case I can't see a reason to use this if I never plan to use any of the modes like FollowMe. Lending support is more than unnecessary for me, it is an unwanted feature like spam.

Sluggish behavior and almost no yaw response are not fatal, but I want to get better if adding something not worse.

The RealSense units on the TH (H480) are v1. The only time they can affect flight parameters is with the OBS switch in the full down position. If the unit is mounted on the aircraft it draws power whether OBS is enabled or not.

The TH Plus/H520 uses RealSense v2. It only affects flight parameters when OBS is enabled and like v1 it draws power whether OBS is enabled or not.

Both versions of RealSense are really only useful in two instances. The first is in FollowMe/WatchMe modes and the other is in IPS (indoor positioning) mode. If RealSense is not mounted there cannot be IPS mode.

The RealSense versions are not interchangeable and there is no user installable firmware to convert one to the other.

Reactions: Vaklin
Thank you for the explanation! Because I'm flying only outdoor and the primary deal is to watch peoples harvest how is growing, there is no reason to have this. I already have it, but this is not a problem. I have a lot of toys.

About "The only time they can affect flight parameters is with the OBS switch in the full down position." I can argue long and more longer. This "beautiful" piece affects landing and responsivity in off OBS position. More than, IPS mode is enabling with OBS off too. Yes, I know, IPS is UAV's decision, not mine, but my UAV hasn't the right to have any decision didn't ask before and didn't get permission from the controller. Very poor design in this direction.

The long story about versatility and young pilots and involvement in the sky isn't interesting for me at all. Sorry.

From what I've seen, the EVO II comes the closest to living up to the promise of Realsense. Keep in mind the EVO is new and has a ton more processing power.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Irish
From what I've seen, the EVO II comes the closes to living up to the promise of Realsense. Keep in mind the EVO is new and has a ton more processing power.
I totally agree. The Evo Pro ll will be my next drone.
Mike

You are right the commercial that unique put out showing that guy riding the bike sure does look cool.
They made it seem like the typhoon H would not crash.

I played with it a few times but with great caution.
I for one do not thoroughly trust it and there's things are now I do not wish to crash my drone anymore.
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: phoonflyer
As stated before before, I do use the RealSense as I feel a little more at ease while flying around trees and close to buildinge. Why wouldn't you use it. If let's say you were carried out a survey of a roof or tower/ any large structure the RealSense would worn you if you were to stray to close and stop you if you tried to get any closer. Is that not a good thing.
Cheers.
Mike

As stated before before, I do use the RealSense as I feel a little more at ease while flying around trees and close to buildinge. Why wouldn't you use it. If let's say you were carried out a survey of a roof or tower/ any large structure the RealSense would worn you if you were to stray to close and stop you if you tried to get any closer. Is that not a good thing.
Cheers.
Mike

That is a good thing.

I guess what I'm thinking of is when real sense is on , and for some reason your flying a bit low around some trees.
And you have it following you.

In my experience I have heard
It clip some very small branches.

While I was clearly in the line of sight. So therefore I'm just a bit leery of it.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval