Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rebuild fault dignosis

Reaction score
After rebuilding my Typhoon H from a major crash, inserting the battery and powering up, all boards and wiring harnesses accounted for, I get a red flashing indicator with 4 beeps from the unit - complaining. Any ideas on how to further diagnose would be appreciated. The main power distribution board was replaced. Along with numerous motor arms - five of them to be exact.

After rebuilding my Typhoon H from a major crash, inserting the battery and powering up, all boards and wiring harnesses accounted for, I get a red flashing indicator with 4 beeps from the unit - complaining. Any ideas on how to further diagnose would be appreciated. The main power distribution board was replaced. Along with numerous motor arms - five of them to be exact.
Have you connected it to the GUI? Test each motor individually and look for any red errors.

K, so now with the GUI all motors power up and run fine, but the GUI give a GPS and Compass failure... I'll need to recheck the wiring to these devices..

K, so now with the GUI all motors power up and run fine, but the GUI give a GPS and Compass failure... I'll need to recheck the wiring to these devices..
Good deal. At least you have a start. You did check each motor direction?

Once I got a 4 beep on boot as well when I swapped the power distribution board (difficult to describe, not single toned, more like 2 descending tones followed by 2 flat tones, long silence then repeat) when I didn't reconnect the gps module correctly. Maybe an problem on the wires, the terminals (check for bent pins) or a problem with the whole module.

Greetings!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Once I got a 4 beep on boot as well when O swapped the power distribution board (difficult to describe, not single toned, more like 2 descending tones followed by 2 flat tones, long silence then repeat) when I didn't reconnect the gps module correctly. Maybe an error on the wires, the terminals (check for bent pins) or a problem with the whole module.

Greetings!
Yes I believe this is the problem, I see an orange blinking LED on the radio / antennae wires could be faulting because of the GPS. OK, this is fun... :)

Agreed!! Part of the enjoyment of this hobby is the build & rebuild of our aircraft. For too many people the cycle is - Buy/Fly/Crash/Send it to someone else to fix.
Good luck on the rebuild;)
I agree. I didn't care about the warranty when I crashed and did the work myself. I found it taught me a lot about the H I would not have known otherwise, and I have been able to pass that information on to other members. I like to think of crashing as learned experience.

Yep rebuilding is part of the reward! There are only so many discrete parts and components, and yes the gui interface will tell you which components are failed. In my case I've had to order the gps/compass module yet. And that was determined by hooking up the H to the computer and running the diagnostics.

Yep rebuilding is part of the reward! ...<snip>...
I had a major crash of my (now mothballed) Phantom 2 Vision. I rebuilt it myself completely and when I flew it again after it's re-build the sense of achievement I had was fantastic: I could rebuild a UAV and get it to fly again!!!

Looking at the crashed P2V it looked unsalvageable. It was a complete ugly mess. So I decided to buy a P2V+ and during the next few weeks I decided to have a go at rebuilding the P2V...I had nothing to lose. I went and bought a suitable tool set that cost £20, a new shell, new motors and ASCs. Total cost of parts came to around £140 and after a couple of problems caused by my own lack of experience in such things I got it working again...and it flew better than it did when new!

You don't know you can do it until you try.

You got that right. I fixed my first radio when I was only 9 years old. It was an old Atwater-Kent made back in 1927. Best sounding A.M. I ever heard. And you talk about low tech, but it had lots of neat design innovations in it.
For those of who do not know what an Atwater-Kent is, back in the days before television people would gather around that radios and listen to radio plays and radio series. For example: "What darkness lurks in the hearts of men? The shadow knows." I'm sorry I digress, But I did enjoy the look on my parents face when they came in and heard it playing..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1