Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Recording is jurky .

Reaction score
I was just flying and recording area around. When I was playing back video I noticed video is junking here and there. Anybody noticed or experienced something like that?
Thanks for responding

I was just flying and recording area around. When I was playing back video I noticed video is junking here and there. Anybody noticed or experienced something like that?
Thanks for responding
That's typical if you aren't using a good enough SD card especially if you are recording in 4K. Also, if your PC isn't quite up to the task that can cause it too.

The consensus here is to use a U3 class 10 SD card with a write speed of 90MB/s** (600x). A good brand is SanDisk Extreme. (currently on sale in the UK at Tesco stores for around £26.00 for a 32GB card...£10.00 off normal price).

If it's your computer that is causing problems then there isn't much you can do about it other than upgrading your computer resources.

Last edited:
What resolution did you use for your video?

What speed microSD card are you using?

What are you using to play back the video?

To follow up on FV's comment on microSD card here's what to look for...

View media item 807
Yep. That's the one. I only bought a new one this morning to replace my old one (I have a commercial job coming up on Friday so I needed it for that). That's how I know how much it costs at Tesco.

Thank you for you advices. When I played movie on laptop there was no jurking . So it is jurking only when I play it on transmitter.

Reviewing my video on the ST16 has always been unsatisfactory. It’s simply a poor platform for playing video and cannot show anything above 720p.

That’s my opinion.

Thank you for you advices. When I played movie on laptop there was no jurking . So it is jurking only when I play it on transmitter.
Ahh. Now it's clear!
Viewing videos on the ST16 will always look rubbish. Viewing on the ST16 will always give poor performance since viewing that way is only good for reference to see if you've got the right shot. The ST16 videos are only in 720 and only give video views that are subject to the stutter and stops that are encountered through the video link to the aircraft. There is absolutely nothing you can do to improve the video quality...it's not meant to be good.

Best way to view good quality video is by removing the SD card from the aircraft and play it via a laptop or PC.

Pretty easy really. Get a card with a write speed of 80mb/s or more. Note I said write speed, not read speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1