Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Refurb h4 with real sense

Reaction score
when I receive mine what should be the look out for? I read that calibration is usually needed?
Thanks for any input!

Your 1st UAV ?

Well sorta had some small one that I would fly inside the house and a syma that I fly outside till the dog ate it while landing lol

So this will be my first experience with this type.

when I receive mine what should be the look out for? I read that calibration is usually needed?
Thanks for any input!
I got one and had a lot of crosstalk between the sticks (tried to yaw and the craft yawed and went forward). It took several sessions of spraying contact cleaner in the rear cleaning ports (fixed it, came back later to a lesser degree each time) and working the sticks for a while before the problem finally went away. Be patient though. I thought I had fixed it several times and on the third time, apparently did because it hasn't come back in a month now. Make sure you know the difference between safe mode and angle mode before you fly, especially if you try follow-me mode. You should do a compass calibration every time you move it a significant distance, so unless it is coming from a next door neighbor, do that first...and keep this away from your dog or quickly learn to catch it for landing. This one can hurt the dog badly.

Reactions: Roadstar30
Read the manuals created by pilots available on this forum. Take a look at the YouTube videos from Captain Drone and Jeff Sibelius on getting started with the H. This will help you avoid the awwwshit moments of the first flights.

You've got the first part down by having worked with the indoor nano quads... you can also get the Yuneec Simulator... that will allow you to get used to the controls of the ST-16 without risking the H.

All manufacturer’s system calibrations are a mandatory task with a new advanced multirotor. Failure to perform them before the first flight can lead to unpredictable performance and loss of the aircraft.

Received it today, got two batteries but no hood for the st16, isn’t that included in the Yuneecbus kit? The case is miss one of the zipper arms but I can live with .
Got battery’s charged and calibrated the compass so might make my first try tomorrow if I have time

Apparently checking the box to determine if you were provided a complete kit is one of the things we need to be looking for when buying a refurbished H.

Something else I would look for, just for kicks, are videos and pictures left in the ST-16 from the previous owner, along with old telemetry files. The vids and pics will over write. No need to delete them. If it has old telemetry, note the last four file numbers for a reference point. Retain all the files as they contain info from the previous problem flight that could prove helpful in the future if issues are encountered.

Ok I called them and they are shipping mine out !
Thanks everyone. I did get to fly for a few minutes today got to make sure the landing gear went up and down
Only got it around 7 ft up try the controls by doing a square and landing a few times. So all in all I pleased with the purchase and the price!

Reactions: PatR
Apparently checking the box to determine if you were provided a complete kit is one of the things we need to be looking for when buying a refurbished H.

Something else I would look for, just for kicks, are videos and pictures left in the ST-16 from the previous owner, along with old telemetry files. The vids and pics will over write. No need to delete them. If it has old telemetry, note the last four file numbers for a reference point. Retain all the files as they contain info from the previous problem flight that could prove helpful in the future if issues are encountered.
So the one in the st16 has different pics then the one I put in the camera?

The ST-16 stores degraded video and photos from previous flights. The memory cache is quite limited so the old limited in quantity files are over written by new files as cache capacity is reached. If there were old files on your ST-16 and you shot a few pictures or videos you have already over written some or all of what might have been there.

Bear in mind the ST-16 is not the “go to” source to download imagery. All imagery stored in the ST-16 is of degraded quality and there to allow an instant review of what you just shot. The imagery you’ll want to transfer/download will be on the camera’s SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval