Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Relative Position Question

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Typhoon H Pro and I'm starting venture out farther on my flights.

Does this unit have the ability to show graphically where the aircraft is in relation to the home position or controller? My X-Star Premium had this feature and it was very handy for flying in unfamiliar areas.

Thanks!

The ability's there, but Yuneec has yet to bless us with its implementation. (In other words: not really) The best we've got is the green arrow on your ST16 screen that shows the aircraft's heading relative to home.
Myself and many others are hoping for either updated software from Yuneec or 3rd-party apps.

If I don't say it, somebody else will: Flying beyond line-of-sight (unless you're an RPIC with a VO) is gonna be frowned upon (not by me personally, mind you); and — with some of the issues others have had while learning how the different flight modes behave — may result in the critter disappearing...

Welcome to the forums!

The ability's there, but Yuneec has yet to bless us with its implementation. (In other words: not really) The best we've got is the green arrow on your ST16 screen that shows the aircraft's heading relative to home.
Myself and many others are hoping for either updated software from Yuneec or 3rd-party apps.

If I don't say it, somebody else will: Flying beyond line-of-sight (unless you're an RPIC with a VO) is gonna be frowned upon (not by me personally, mind you); and — with some of the issues others have had while learning how the different flight modes behave — may result in the critter disappearing...

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks very much for your response.

I was afraid that was the case. That is a handy feature for sure when it comes to orientation of the aircraft. Not that I would fly beyond line of sight, as I am aware of that restriction. I have seen the green arrow but it didn't seem to always line up with the correct heading for home. I'll pay more attention in my upcoming flights. For this Newbie, what does RPIC with a VO stand for?

Thanks again.

Thanks very much for your response.

I was afraid that was the case. That is a handy feature for sure when it comes to orientation of the aircraft. Not that I would fly beyond line of sight, as I am aware of that restriction. I have seen the green arrow but it didn't seem to always line up with the correct heading for home. I'll pay more attention in my upcoming flights. For this Newbie, what does RPIC with a VO stand for?

Thanks again.

If the aircraft's close to you, the arrow will be off by whatever the GPS fix error is or was when you booted up. The further away the aircraft is, the smaller the error; and as the controller and aircraft get more (or fewer) fixes and talk to each other, generally the error goes away.

If you're flying for any kind of pay/trade, the FAA requires you to have a remote pilot certificate.
RPIC = Remote Pilot In Command
VO = Visual Observer

Lots of really helpful folks here who can straighten out the learning curve with the Typhoon; don't be afraid to ask.

I recently purchased the Typhoon H Pro and I'm starting venture out farther on my flights.

Does this unit have the ability to show graphically where the aircraft is in relation to the home position or controller? My X-Star Premium had this feature and it was very handy for flying in unfamiliar areas.

Thanks!
The green arrow is indeed a great tool. If you push the right stick in the same direction the arrow is pointing, it will fly back to you (if you are in angle mode). If the green arrow is pointing straight up then the nose of the aircraft is pointed directly at you. Always make certain you have enough altitude to clear everything on the way home.

The green arrow is indeed a great tool. If you push the right stick in the same direction the arrow is pointing, it will fly back to you (if you are in angle mode). If the green arrow is pointing straight up then the nose of the aircraft is pointed directly at you. Always make certain you have enough altitude to clear everything on the way home.

Remember, once outside the safe circle, smart mode removes direction and you can then move your stick properly. Before I got the arrow, I had a moment of lost orientation and was moving away from myself and confused. I hit smart mode and reverse became reverse again. Now I know to just move the right stick to whatever point in the stick "circle" it says and pull or push to that point and my H is safely back to me. I've now added color to landing gear and body and now a micro strobe on back of gimbal and I can see orientation much better all the time. The coolest feature is you can flip your pan control
Switch to fully down and your camera will stay pointed at your subject and your return trip regardless of H orientation will still record your subject as you move away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace