Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Release of Liability form and Unlocked Firmware

Reaction score
I filled out the form and sent along Proof of Purchase as well.
Has anyone here actually had Yuneec send them UnLocked Firmware that removes the NFZ restrictions?

Yes, but I did send them a copy of my UAS license and business information detailing a job in restricted airspace that I had been cleared to fly in. IMO hobby pilots should not be granted the ability to remove NFZ from their crafts. They do not fully understand the NAS and the NFZ are placed on these aircraft to protect manned aircraft, wildlife, etc...

Just my 2 cents
Anthony

I filled out the form and sent along Proof of Purchase as well.
Has anyone here actually had Yuneec send them UnLocked Firmware that removes the NFZ restrictions?

Yes. Send the info back in a reply to the e-mail that provided you the form. If you have all the numbers correct the firmware/software and a code is sent fairly quick. Pro version for me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they sent me mine within a half hour , but I did include allmy FAA numbers

IMO hobby pilots should not be granted the ability to remove NFZ from their crafts. They do not fully understand the NAS and the NFZ are placed on these aircraft to protect manned aircraft, wildlife, etc...

I agree to some of this. But I am in a NFZ with a unmanned airport. My craft would not lift off till I had the firmware. If you are in a city with multiple airports or NFZ around you and you are a hobby pilot, then possibly not. I live in the country where the airport that locks me down is used by 2 people both of whom I know. To make all suffer from a NFZ just because some are a hobby pilot in the country or very low populated area just would not be fair. Yes I do have my FAA hobby pilot number, and I am working on getting my FAA commercial Drone pilot license. I am not trying to start an argument this is also my opinion. Have a good day and Fly safe

Reactions: m5zealot
I have latest H and ST16 firmware.
I have been reading posts regarding the service ceiling imposed by the H software.
I connected mine to the GUI and increased the max height by 10m (30ft).
I took it to the field and off it want all the way up to the new increased ceiling!
I took it home and restored the defaults, of course.

I have not had any software unlocked!

Is this because I am in the UK??

Yes, but I did send them a copy of my UAS license and business information detailing a job in restricted airspace that I had been cleared to fly in. IMO hobby pilots should not be granted the ability to remove NFZ from their crafts. They do not fully understand the NAS and the NFZ are placed on these aircraft to protect manned aircraft, wildlife, etc...

Just my 2 cents
Anthony

So you're saying that if you're a hobby pilot you automatically don't understand NAS and NFZs? I would remind you that many hobby drone pilots are in fact real pilots and probably have a better understanding than most in this forum. Just sayin'

Reactions: m5zealot
That is very true.

I had to do mine a couple times. I transposed a couple numbers in things. If the numbers aren't right, for both the H and the auto pilot, which pretty much says they know what has been sold and what's in what, you may hear nothing but crickets after sending the docs. Don't send by snail mail, reply and attach scanned copies to the same e-mail that got you the blank form.

If you're licensed 107 or 333 and want total removal of restrictions, be sure to send an image of your FAA certificate. The hard card, not the temporary cert.

So you're saying that if you're a hobby pilot you automatically don't understand NAS and NFZs? I would remind you that many hobby drone pilots are in fact real pilots and probably have a better understanding than most in this forum. Just sayin'

true...but take the attitude and go piss in someone elses cornflakes. There are far many more new pilots that have these toys in their possessions because the affordable price allows it. With absolutely NO flight experience or understanding of airspace regulations....open your eyes and look at some of the videos being posted of people flying far beyond LOS (and their skill sets...FYFI, having a full size aircraft license, where your POV is always in the pilots seat, doesn't make you a sound RC pilot, practice does!)

Im sure if you had the family out for a cruise in your 172 (or perhaps a R22 in your case) and some duchemuffin tossed his phantom into your prop (tail rotor) you'd have a whole different stand point...there is a reason these TOYS come from the factory with restrictions as to where they can be launched...

and I know you understood my point initially...

I have latest H and ST16 firmware.
I have been reading posts regarding the service ceiling imposed by the H software.
I connected mine to the GUI and increased the max height by 10m (30ft).
I took it to the field and off it want all the way up to the new increased ceiling!
I took it home and restored the defaults, of course.

I have not had any software unlocked!

Is this because I am in the UK??

McButler,

Everyone has the ability to change Geo Fence distances in the GUI and RTH heights on their ST-16, if they want to. You took the time to learn about your system and how to make use of the different features. You sir, are a cut above many that have multirotors. Many don't take the time or expend the effort to learn about what they have or how to make full use of its capabilities. Because of that they are quick to complain about issues that are not issues at all, but simply self imposed ignorance.

I won't go into possible reasons for people to fly higher than 400' above the ground because some people will have some legitimate ones beyond a childish desire to see how far and how high. What's interesting is that in 50 + years of RC the three most common questions posed by people, generally outsiders, new to RC are "how far?, how high?, and how much?", with an occasional "how fast". My standard answer for two of those was always "further than I can see it, at which point it is no longer in my control. When I cannot see it I cannot determine what it is doing in order to apply proper commands."

Be that as it may, the cameras used on these things provide pretty lousy imagery at long distances so people thinking they are going to get great shots from high altitudes are deluding themselves. What they get will look more like a satellite image with microscopic features lacking in detail that pixel out when enlarged, and those hold little interest or value from an artistic perspective. In trying to shoot that kind of imagery they are telling everyone they don't know what they are doing photographically. I think many complain about anything, just because they can.

Thanks for taking the time and initiative to learn about your system!

Just my 2 cents
Anthony
I think Art meant to say "... most hobby pilots may not understand....". A lot of us do.

Reactions: drone flyer
I agree to some of this. But I am in a NFZ with a unmanned airport. My craft would not lift off till I had the firmware. If you are in a city with multiple airports or NFZ around you and you are a hobby pilot, then possibly not. I live in the country where the airport that locks me down is used by 2 people both of whom I know. To make all suffer from a NFZ just because some are a hobby pilot in the country or very low populated area just would not be fair. Yes I do have my FAA hobby pilot number, and I am working on getting my FAA commercial Drone pilot license. I am not trying to start an argument this is also my opinion. Have a good day and Fly safe

I thought the NFZ was only for major airports not small airports???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix