Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

remote control status error over 200m of typhoon H

Reaction score
i would like to share with u that,

i found an error of typhoon H remote control status.

When i climb up the drone over 200m, all status of the drone remains no change, but i can still control it and the camera still downlinking ....

whats going on?

the Q500 4k hasn't that problem.

all players, pls have a test!!!

thanks

i would like to share with u that,

i found an error of typhoon H remote control status.

When i climb up the drone over 200m, all status of the drone remains no change, but i can still control it and the camera still downlinking ....

whats going on?

the Q500 4k hasn't that problem.

all players, pls have a test!!!

thanks
200 meters is against FAA Regs without a FAA 333 and a COA. Are you talking about AGL(Above Ground Level)? May have a Geo Block by Yuneec firmware, not sure just a tip?

Yep I agree. These craft know your ground level so if you are AGL then its probably something in the firmware.

Reactions: DroneClone
yes

i changed it in GUI. so i can fly it over 200m from the ground now.
Sorry that i am not in US, so FAA regs cannot apply on me.

Typhoon H not just for US and EUR, so...... especially in Asia, we can fly a little bit higher without limitation.

BTW, i found that the OSD status always unstable for showing the correct information, but the video downlink is still working.... it is terrible for safe flight.

yes

i changed it in GUI. so i can fly it over 200m from the ground now.
Sorry that i am not in US, so FAA regs cannot apply on me.

When you reached 200 meters (650 feet), what exactly no longer received update on your ST16? If it was the altitude, then of course it's because you could go no higher than 200 meters. I'd be very surprised if one could receive a WiFi signal above 650 feet... you'd need an aftermarket antenna. I'm also surprised you even received a solid video link at that height with stock antennas.

I have a test for serveral times. I can reach the tyohoon h and even the q500 4k from 0 to 1000m without any aftermarket antenna. The q500 4k status no problem, solid video link no problem. But the typhoon h, over 200m, remote status freeze, video link no problem, the h under control, but u need calutate the time left for flight.

1 battery for 1 time 0-1000m and landing

Share a link with u , my post

If it was the altitude, then of course it's because you could go no higher than 200 meters. I'd be very surprised if one could receive a WiFi signal above 650 feet... you'd need an aftermarket antenna. I'm also surprised you even received a solid video link at that height with stock antennas.
Captain, that statement does not make sense. If you are flying a stock "H" out to 2800' distance @ 400' and getting video + RC, you should be able to receive it at 600' straight up.

The point is.....i can fly to 1000m height, I can receive the video, I can control it, but if it is higher that 400', the bird status freeze on the remote screen. And when controlling with h, the video link and rc control are no problem, but sometimes all the status of the bird was missing (all missing) on the screen. I will take a video next time I flight

The point is.....i can fly to 1000m height, I can receive the video, I can control it, but if it is higher that 400', the bird status freeze on the remote screen. And when controlling with h, the video link and rc control are no problem, but sometimes all the status of the bird was missing (all missing) on the screen. I will take a video next time I flight
Are you in USA? if so, did you by chance upload the uk version ? not the standard version for US/Canada? That 400' is the FAA limit, it is a coincident that you lose out at 400' You got me on this one!?

Are you in USA? if so, did you by chance upload the uk version ? not the standard version for US/Canada? That 400' is the FAA limit, it is a coincident that you lose out at 400' You got me on this one!?

There is no 400' "limit" enforceable by law. Join a CBO such as 'don't fly stupid' and enjoy the same guidelines as AMA members. If there were a 400' limit, no glider would be flying. A whole bunch of large scale planes either.

Reactions: K2BLS
There is no 400' "limit" enforceable by law. Join a CBO such as 'don't fly stupid' and enjoy the same guidelines as AMA members. If there were a 400' limit, no glider would be flying. A whole bunch of large scale planes either.
We are not talking about gliders or planes, but drones glider my friend and not laws, but FAA Regulation. I would not want to run into a building, heli or plane over 400' and see the consequences imposed upon me!

Reactions: Forrestt
We are not talking about gliders or planes, but drones glider my friend and not laws, but FAA Regulation. I would not want to run into a building, heli or plane over 400' and see the consequences imposed upon me!

There is no distinction between a unmanned glider and a drone.

I have no interest in any AMA or CBO or any clubs whatsoever ! I just fly responsible and follow the regulations that I am bound too, to hold my FAA 333, Sports Pilot License to fly drones for $$$, Nothing personal against 400';)

Reactions: Forrestt
http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amagov/files/2016/02/AMAFAQ-2-4-2016.pdf

4XeVv4S.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval