Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

removing the spring clip

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
How does one remove this as I have th screw out, but it doesn seem to release, so I'm missing something ?

There is a spring latch in the middle (look at the new one). You reach in from the side with a thin tool to release the spring while pulling out on the latch.

Thanx I knew I was missing something, now to find the the thin tool to do this ? But I will, what do you use. I'm taking one out of my H plus for the H ? My next project is to fix my other plus, as I have another plus ? What happened was I couldnt get one arm to fold so I gave more pressure and it broke the spring clip ?

I use a modeling knife. Other folks may have something more specialized. Something like a common kitchen knife would probably work in a pinch. Just remember to release the latch, THEN pull out while holding the latch released.
I notice the video started with the latch already removed. For some reason, the screw was still in. A little puzzling.

I notice the video started with the latch already removed. For some reason, the screw was still in.
I've actually seen that many times. The spring latch can break completely and fly out during a crash but the screw is still in place.
so I gave more pressure and it broke the spring clip
Lift the motor arm before pressing the release. If there is tension on the spring it will not release until you lift the arm.

While there are different ways to deal with the screw I prefer to do it with the arm vertical.

As this was my first repair attempt, all went smooth due to this forum the willingness of free given info and information, along with everything else is tops. Thanx again, oh and steve be careful what you put in there (lol if you catch my drift} ENJOY, you'll see me again

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece